Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36.11 - App wont connect to car anymore!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car downloaded and installed 2020.36.11 last night and since then the App on my phone wont connect to the car anymore. Even when im sitting in the car and everything is unlocked!

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have also noticed that i can't login on the Tesla website, so im wondering if a server is down or something... can other people login to the web site with their userid at the moment?

Rich

My car downloaded and installed 2020.36.11 last night and since then the App on my phone wont connect to the car anymore. Even when im sitting in the car and everything is unlocked!

I have also noticed that i can't login on the Tesla website, so im wondering if a server is down or something... can other people login to the web site with their userid at the moment?

Rich
According to Elektrec, Tesla is suffering a network-wide collapse, from about 4pm BST.

There's also the problem that's existed since about last Thursday, where Model 3s that have the Telefonica/Movistar eSIM are unable to be woken up from the app: Car won't wake from app

Sounds as thought that may not be the issue you're seeing, though, as once the car's awake it seems to connect OK (or was, last time I checked).

There's also the problem that's existed since about last Thursday, where Model 3s that have the Telefonica/Movistar eSIM are unable to be woken up from the app: Car won't wake from app

Sounds as thought that may not be the issue you're seeing, though, as once the car's awake it seems to connect OK (or was, last time I checked).

It could be part of the issue, before i lost the ability to connect to the car at all from the app, it would connect if i manually unlocked the car to wake it up first.. until it went to sleep again.. This has started happening when 2020.36.11 was installed last night

Rich

I don't have my car yet (pick up tomorrow...assuming all is well) but can't log in the website or on the app. I assume it's a widespread issue and will be fixed...shortly?

Yeah this has been going on for a while now, this is a pretty hefty outage makes me think ti would be more than a 2fa switchover, its normally fairly easy to rollback those kind of changes if something goes wrong even at Tesla scale

They have really ballsed something up on the app. First it produced a web server error, then went to a more formal error with a detailed Reference ID, now it just goes straight to a blank white page instead of showing the app features.

Bit of excitement for a Wednesday.

I'm just seeing this error when I try to login currently:

SmartSelect_20200923-192101_Tesla.jpg

Mine’s in the garage but the door opener isn’t hackable. It won’t be summoned by anyone in China!

Nederland sim but waking intermittent. Vehicle connection error at present.

...anyway, it’s had a busy day. Needs it’s sleep!

Reactions: phil4