Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36.11 - App wont connect to car anymore!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone disconnect from my car whilst charging 17:30ish - didn't think anything of it until I tried to use the app to check charge rate/level (I was watching netflix)

Didn't realise the implications of this until I tried to 'start' the car. By pure chance my keycard was in my work bag otherwise I'd be fooked.

Quite a worry to be at this exposure as I have always used my phone for convenience (same reason I don't carry bank cards anymore)

Unable to login on the website either.

My car downloaded and installed 2020.36.11 last night and since then the App on my phone wont connect to the car anymore. Even when im sitting in the car and everything is unlocked!

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I have also noticed that i can't login on the Tesla website, so im wondering if a server is down or something... can other people login to the web site with their userid at the moment?

Rich
Unlock and lock car again and then app works

Muppet here left his key card in his wallet, in the car... Called Tesla, on hold for 50 minutes which wasn't a surprise. Very helpful at the other end of the line and managed to unlock remotely. They did say it was a 'massive outage' and really had no idea when it would be fixed. Still nothing from the app.

Very clear moral from this story! KEEP THE CARD OUT OF THE CAR!

Anyone remember those little magnetic key safes you could get, that held a spare car key that you could hide under the car somewhere, for emergency access? Might be a market in making something similar to hold a spare key card, shouldn't be too hard to find a secure hiding space under the car somewhere.

I’m still on 36.10 and the car won’t wake up from the App. iPhone 7 iOS 13.7. So I don’t think the ‘won’t wake up problem came with 36.11. I see I’m due to get iOS 14 tonight - maybe that will fix it.

I updated my phone to iOS 14 a couple of days ago. Didn't change anything, the car still doesn't wake up. I believe there's not pretty conclusive proof that cars with the Telefonica eSIM have this problem, and those that have any other eSIM don't.

Muppet here left his key card in his wallet, in the car... Called Tesla, on hold for 50 minutes which wasn't a surprise. Very helpful at the other end of the line and managed to unlock remotely. They did say it was a 'massive outage' and really had no idea when it would be fixed. Still nothing from the app.

Very clear moral from this story! KEEP THE CARD OUT OF THE CAR!
My card’s in my wallet. I always take it with me. If I left it at home my wife would probably empty it of cash to top her purse up because it’s easier than looking for cash elsewhere :D

Mm mine still isn’t working. I thought my phone was still opening the car but turns out I have been leaving my car unlocked for days. Just realised that ax the car is now requiring the key card for me to drive, I also need the key card to lock it! :(