Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36.3.1 Release notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably already have them - they have been on Euro spec cars for ages. I think they may even be a legal requirement, if not, certainly very common. My 2015 spec eurobox has them - nothing special - just hazards flashing under very heavy braking and staying on after emergency stop. I don't think they are allowed in USA and less common outside Europe which is probably why its notable update.

I tested the feature after the update. I drove to 32mph and stomped on the breaks until the car stopped. But no hazard lights came on. So I guess I don’t have it??

I tested the feature after the update. I drove to 32mph and stomped on the breaks until the car stopped. But no hazard lights came on. So I guess I don’t have it??

Its not totally definitive as much of it is simply going on what TeslaScope has listed

Tesla Expands Dynamic Brake Lights to New Markets to Avoid Rear-End Collisions | The BRAKE Report

But whilst "The Dynamic Brake Lights function that was rolled out with this specific software update is only available in Model S and Model X vehicles that are operating with at least Hardware 2, according to Teslascope.com." it looks like its been in Europe since March 2019.

Last edited:
car did automatically slow down and speed up again on passing speed signs on normal roads.

national speed limit signs all recognised- including one which was very obscured - pleasantly surprised.

A couple of observations.

I was confused and get the impression that others might be too about stepping up and down of speed. Engaging AP / TACC in say a 30mph zone does not step up to 40 or 60 as you drive into a faster limit. If you are in 60 mph zone with AP and enter 30 mph, speed drops to 30. On leaving 30 mph into 60, it reverts to 60. If you had overridden 60 down to say 55 before entering 30 mph, then on leaving 30 back to 60 the speed setting reverts to 55. Some combinations still to be investigated... such as going from 60 zone through 40 to 30 then back to 40 and finally 60.

The second point is that there are often comments about AP only being for freeways / motorways and specifically NOT city driving. Since in the UK speedlimit only works on smaller single carriageway roads, this means it applies only to the kind of roads that supposedly AP is not intended for use on (according to some). Any way, it is certain that many situations that crop up often on the only roads where speed limits and traffic light reconition work are not handled by AP.

Regarding speed limit behaviour, I suspect it has been this way for sometime and I just never used it enough to notice.

Last edited:
Looks like the speed sign stuff is HW3 only again...

The continued failure to deliver the promised upgrades for MS owners with FSD is getting annoying.

That is frustrating.

If you bought FSD (a level above EAP) then presumably you will eventually get free upgrade to HW3. I'm not sure what the consensus is with regards to MCU1 vs MCU2, but if it was me and Tesla called me in for the HW3 upgrade as promised,I would certainly consider paying extra for MCU2 just to have everything up to date. Although, I read that they have messed around with warranty cover so upgrades may have much shorter wty than expected.

Looks like the speed sign stuff is HW3 only again...

The continued failure to deliver the promised upgrades for MS owners with FSD is getting annoying.

I had the 2.5 -> 3 upgrade on my S last week. I'm guessing yours is earlier and Elon's dragging it out so all the earlier models get sold on or swapped in. It saves him money and why should he care while he's selling cars and making promises?