Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last 2 software updates (36.4 & 36.11) had to be downloaded twice! This morning I was sitting in the driveway in my MY doing a soft and hard reboot because since 36.4 the car wouldn’t recognize my phone key ☹️After I finished both reboots I noticed the yellow download icon on the top of the screen to the left of the dash cam icon. So I started the update, stayed in the car until it reached 50% and then monitored the progress to 80% from inside my house via the app. I never noticed if it reached 100% but after about 15 minutes I received an alert that there was a software update available So I started the process over again via the app and it worked. This same thing happened when I updated to 36.4 a week ago. Unfortunately, even after a hard reboot 36.11 doesn’t recognize my phone key! Has anyone else experienced these issues?

On 36.11.
Besides the occasional enhancement just waiting for the major rewrite for any improvement that will actually improve highway FSD let alone secondary roads. As far as improving highway merging and on/off ramps for the most part the car has gotten worse in the last 6 months.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Has anyone with the FSD computer & MCU1 installed 2020.36.3.1 or any other version newer than 2020.36? I have been avoiding downloading any more of the updates since our MCU1 car is working so well on 2020.36 & I don't want to break anything.

Running on 2020.36.11 / HW3 / MCU1. No special negative issues (besides the standard :p)

when you speak of the version, is that the same as I see in the app? When I first open the app (I'm on Android) and scroll down, I see my odo miles, my VIN, and a Version. Mine went to 2020.36.12 at least a week ago just before people here started talking about v36.11. So I'm wondering if I went further earlier? Or I'm looking at the wrong thing.

when you speak of the version, is that the same as I see in the app? When I first open the app (I'm on Android) and scroll down, I see my odo miles, my VIN, and a Version. Mine went to 2020.36.12 at least a week ago just before people here started talking about v36.11. So I'm wondering if I went further earlier? Or I'm looking at the wrong thing.
Yes, the version shown in the app matches the version in the car. While the majority of cars currently have 2020.36.11, it sounds like you were in a smaller group that received 2020.36.12 instead. Currently less than 1% of known cars are on 2020.36.12.

Yes, the version shown in the app matches the version in the car. While the majority of cars currently have 2020.36.11, it sounds like you were in a smaller group that received 2020.36.12 instead. Currently less than 1% of known cars are on 2020.36.12.
36.12 seems to be for mainly Y's. Look at TeslaFIs stats.

ohXw6dR.jpg

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Slight annoyance from the sign reading ordeal. There is a 55mph road that I use for commuting and the road changes names on the county line, but nothing else. No speed adjustments, just the name. The earlier recognized 55mph limit disappears and I'm limited to 45mph since the map database has nothing (Google and Openstreetmaps knows, but not Tesla). There isn't another speed limit sign for several miles rendering AP useless. Well...at least there's food on my plate.

I just had a new daugher card installed in my MCU1, and the vehicle now reads speed limit signs. It did not on the original, dying MCU1. I see the speed limit sign on the left of the vehicle path in the driver display change as I pass speed limit signs. I tested this at an intersection at which one approaches at 30 MPH but the speed limit changes across the intersection to 25. On the old MCU1, the vehicle didn't register the change, but it does now. This was done without Autopilot on. Tomorrow, I'll try in NoA on a road with changing speed limit signs.

I just had a new daugher card installed in my MCU1, and the vehicle now reads speed limit signs. It did not on the original, dying MCU1. I see the speed limit sign on the left of the vehicle path in the driver display change as I pass speed limit signs. I tested this at an intersection at which one approaches at 30 MPH but the speed limit changes across the intersection to 25. On the old MCU1, the vehicle didn't register the change, but it does now. This was done without Autopilot on. Tomorrow, I'll try in NoA on a road with changing speed limit signs.
What's a daugher card for the MCU?