Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4.1 and AP1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2020.4.1 arrived on my MS70D the other day, 43 days after the previous update, which was 2019.40.2.3.

The only thing of note from my experience is that voice commands have stopped working properly - not just failing to act on correctly recognised speech but failing to recognise quite simple commands that used to work.

Has anyone else with AP1 noticed anything of interest with 2020.4.1?

Voice commands working for me, but I think others have reported that the voice command button is now only push and release to activate, not push and hold. Text feature works well - nice to have this. Have not noticed any negatives (at least not yet).

Voice commands working for me, but I think others have reported that the voice command button is now only push and release to activate, not push and hold. Text feature works well - nice to have this. Have not noticed any negatives (at least not yet).

Does the text feature work with WhatsApp or just general text messages? (iPhone user)

Interesting - I will try this later. It does represent a significant difference the way the VC button is operated, which does seem odd. I've read elsewhere that the 2020.8 update, probably in about a month's time will address the problems being reported.

Does the text feature work with WhatsApp or just general text messages? (iPhone user)

Another good question. I know that if my (Android) phone is connected to the car via Bluetooth, WhatsApp calls do seem to work over the car's speaker system. No idea regarding text messaging via WhatsApp. You can choose your preferred text messaging app in Android but I haven't seen an option to use WhatsApp as a standard text messaging client.

Thus far, I've only seen it work with iMessage (or the phone's primary messaging app). Did not seem to work with messages coming across via Google Voice.

That’s a shame, I liked the idea of this with the absence of Apple car play, I receive 95% of my messages through WhatsApp and it helps on long journeys in the current car to be able to respond without taking my eyes off the road or hands off the wheel.

Hopefully they will add this as part of a future update.