Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4.1 incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX 2017
MCU 1
AP 2.0

Attachments

• 20200127_203626.jpg
    20200127_203626.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 20200127_203552.jpg
    20200127_203552.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 20200127_203714.jpg
    20200127_203714.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 297
Release notes on 2017 MX 75D MCU1 HW 2.5 coming from 2019.40.2.3 list
Additional vehicle information
Voice commands
Phone improvements
Camp mode
Backgammon
Voice keyboard
Save dash cam on honk
Driver profiles
Danish support
System seems a bit more responsive in some areas. Charging screen not loading on first load might also be fixed, at least it was working so far. Not confident about regen changes. It is 2celsius right now and I had a quarter regen which is more than before, the car was installing updates which might have influenced regen. Keeping fingers crossed...

Interested to know if the ping pong while on autopilot has been fixed.

After seeing hundreds of posts bout this, I'm 100% convinced the ping pong effect is user-induced, or at best, car-specific and not software related. Every release, people claim that all of a sudden, their car is overcome with the poltergeist of ping ponging. I've never seen it on any software version, but what I also know is that I've never been bothered by AP nags, because I know what the car is expecting. I apply slight torque to the wheel by resting one hand on one side of it, and it's flawless - the car pulls against the weight of my hand, maintains a center position in the lane, and as of recent releases, only occasionally goes wide when a lane divider disappears at merges. Meanwhile, people constantly complain about having to wiggle the wheel all the time and their car bouncing back and forth, and I suspect a connection.

One thing which seem to be new: If rear passenger is unbuckled the red exclamation mark is now a white triangle with exclamation mark. Clicking on it tells me rear passenger unbuckled. I wonder when they will start showing pre flight/drive announcement training videos. I’d like to have an adult mode. Why do I have to be nagged while standing or during the whole drive about a passenger not being buckled? A 30sec notification while starting to drive is sufficient. Once Tesla start to talk they could have a short “Thanks for buckling up” voice to passengers who buckle up late - aka gamification. Also Tesla should stop annoying in case rear passenger uses wrong buckle. Easy to fix: If unoccupied middle seat buckled and occupied right seat unbuckled suppress right seat unbuckled notice.
I as a driver don’t want to be nagged/annoyed by irrelevant notifications or notifications of things I can’t change (rear adult passengers unwilling to buckle) so I can enjoy and focus on driving :)

One thing which seem to be new: If rear passenger is unbuckled the red exclamation mark is now a white triangle with exclamation mark. Clicking on it tells me rear passenger unbuckled. I wonder when they will start showing pre flight/drive announcement training videos. I’d like to have an adult mode. Why do I have to be nagged while standing or during the whole drive about a passenger not being buckled? A 30sec notification while starting to drive is sufficient. Once Tesla start to talk they could have a short “Thanks for buckling up” voice to passengers who buckle up late - aka gamification. Also Tesla should stop annoying in case rear passenger uses wrong buckle. Easy to fix: If unoccupied middle seat buckled and occupied right seat unbuckled suppress right seat unbuckled notice.
I as a driver don’t want to be nagged/annoyed by irrelevant notifications or notifications of things I can’t change (rear adult passengers unwilling to buckle) so I can enjoy and focus on driving :)

just my opinion, but the driver of a vehicle in most states is responsible for passengers buckling in... adult or not. And while it’s easy to think that an adult can make their own choice for safety, an unbuckled rear seat passenger can kill you up front in an accident.

After seeing hundreds of posts bout this, I'm 100% convinced the ping pong effect is user-induced, or at best, car-specific and not software related. Every release, people claim that all of a sudden, their car is overcome with the poltergeist of ping ponging. I've never seen it on any software version, but what I also know is that I've never been bothered by AP nags, because I know what the car is expecting. I apply slight torque to the wheel by resting one hand on one side of it, and it's flawless - the car pulls against the weight of my hand, maintains a center position in the lane, and as of recent releases, only occasionally goes wide when a lane divider disappears at merges. Meanwhile, people constantly complain about having to wiggle the wheel all the time and their car bouncing back and forth, and I suspect a connection.

I wish this was true..unfortunately, I've had my Model 3 for a year, and I've never had any problem with laggy response to curves or drifting in the lane until late December this year. I drive the car exactly the same way I always have, but something has definitely changed. It's almost as if the processor is lagging and can't make micro adjustments as frequently as it used to. I have 2.5 (hopefully upgrading soon), but I understand folks on 3 are having similar problems.

If you have an S or X, DO NOT upgrade to 2019.40.2.3. They no longer allow split screen. Typically I run Tesla Waze in the browser. The other half of the screen is nav. They no longer allow us to half size the browser. it is full screen or nothing. Don't upgrade if you use Tesla Waze! I am regretting my mistake to trust Tesla with the upgrade. This is the quote from the Tesla Engineer. "This is intentional. We’re no longer doing the split window setup on the center display."