Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4.11 now installing - range upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just started installing 2020.4.11 which, according to various accounts is the MS/MX range upgrade which was coming to new cars. I’d be surprised if this is what it is as my car is September 2019 build (ie 5 to 6 months old). I’ll just have to wait and see but if it is the range upgrade I suspect it’s no more than changes in EPA methodology and won’t really make any difference to the real range, especially here in UK where we use WLTP.

I’ve just started installing 2020.4.11 which, according to various accounts is the MS/MX range upgrade which was coming to new cars. I’d be surprised if this is what it is as my car is September 2019 build (ie 5 to 6 months old). I’ll just have to wait and see but if it is the range upgrade I suspect it’s no more than changes in EPA methodology and won’t really make any difference to the real range, especially here in UK where we use WLTP.
Just a change to the number of miles displayed due to a test that showed the newer cars are more efficient

Just a change to the number of miles displayed due to a test that showed the newer cars are more efficient

Very much as I thought. The release notes are identical to my previous 2020.4.10 software. The car isn’t on charge at present so I can’t check full charge range. However it’s currently at 50% and showing 162 miles which equates to 324 by extrapolation so it doesn’t look like it shows the increased range.