Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with you, but there wasn't anymore stinkin games.

Which is the good news.

The bad news is they're probably getting started on some poor Witcher port. Poor because the MCU2 simply doesn't have the graphics processing capable of doing the game service.

They really need to have the games as an optional package/distribution pretty soon because they'll end up filling the entire eMMC with games and there's not very much space on there. I bet this build has the new China-region games on every car and they're just hidden.

Apparently this build adds support for some new hardware configs:
green on Twitter

Also there's a hidden setting for "mic_always_on" and "baiduCensorshipNumber". Optimistically I hope "mic always on" is so you can issue voice commands without pushing a button first.
I guarantee the people that bitch about games every single time they add one are zero fun to hang out with. Just sayin

Try harder. There already half a dozen of games available in Tesla which more than enough.
Try harder to what? More than enough for who? You sound like my parents when I was younger. ‘You already have half a dozen Atari games. What do you need another one for?’ You shouldn’t need to find something fun to understand the concept of fun.

They really need to have the games as an optional package/distribution pretty soon because they'll end up filling the entire eMMC with games and there's not very much space on there. I bet this build has the new China-region games on every car and they're just hidden.

Elon has already mentioned you'll eventually have to pick which games you want loaded due to lack of storage (this is also why Cuphead only includes the first level of the full game)

Reactions: PoitNarf
Here is my additional vehicle information screen. It's nice to finally see the hardware and interior details clearly.

It just displays full self-driving computer for ap3

Attachments

• 20200124_203018.jpg
    20200124_203018.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 179
I guarantee the people that bitch about games every single time they add one are zero fun to hang out with. Just sayin

The pro-game people are likely parents who like spending time with their kid playing a game. Or they're trying to get away from their kid. :p

The anti-game people would rather play games on devices intended to play games.

Reactions: Kilotango74
The pro-game people are likely parents who like spending time with their kid playing a game. Or they're trying to get away from their kid. :p

I’ve honestly not touched a single game in my P3D+ since I got it. Much more fun to drive it.
Regarding the update.I just want the AP ping pong and PB issues resolved. Maybe better luck to press a little harder on my HW3 U/G..

Reactions: flyingowl
Being satisfied with your car can mean very different things to different people.

I think Tesla's overwhelming success over the last few years is because they make cars that are easy to love on a whole bunch of different levels. Some people don't care about games, but want a car that looks amazing. Check. A lot of folks want maximum performance to destroy anything else on the road at a stoplight… Even the SR model performs way above its class. Other folks are tech nerds in love always having the latest and greatest… Check, we get continuous upgrades. Some people get bored easily and/or have kids to entertain… Check, we now have games.

I don't really care about the games, I can't really play them anyhow with my hand problems. But I like that they continue to improve on different areas to make everyone have reasons to love their car more every day.

Reactions: RobRain

Disagree somewhat. The anti game people are an uptight breed of conservative that complain about any initiative that deviates from basic functional necessity.
‘Why are we sending foreign aid when we have problems here in our country?’ This is the same mentality. Unless every conceivable necessity is being served at no cost or deficit, then and only then is there time and resources for fun. It’s the same guy, just this time it’s about how Tesla must address and be perfect in all other ways before having any fun. Hanging with that guy having a beer? No thanks.
P.S. they don’t like the whoopie cushion feature either.

every conceivable necessity is being served at no cost or deficit, then and only then is there time and resources for fun. It’s the same guy, just this time it’s about how Tesla must address and be perfect in all other ways before having any fun. Hanging with that guy having a beer? No thanks.
P.S. they don’t like the whoopie cushion feature either.
Yeah, there are folks who think like that. And to my point above, they still bought a Tesla. People may whine and complain about stuff they don’t find interesting, but there was enough that intrigued them to still make the purchase. I’m not aware of any other sedan in the world that appeals to such a wide variety of personalities.

I traded a minivan for mine. As you could imagine, and the outlier than the group, but Tesla still got my money.