Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, Tow Mode was definitely there.

I had to use it this past summer when I was rear ended and the car wouldn't move into drive.

Not on mine... a "towing" button, but not a "tow mode" button.

20200129_065827_resized.jpg

Got 2020.4.1 this afternoon. First thing I noticed was the maps were in color. Lakes and streams were blue, parks were green, etc. Really nice compared to the previous shades of grey.

Stopped at a supermarket to pick up a few items, came back out and the maps had returned to grey.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

I want the colored maps back!!!

Reactions: T Slaw
One has nothing to do with the other.

The games have all been developed by other people- not Tesla.

Mostly all Tesla had to do is have one UI dude add the new games to the menu.

And I assure you that isn't a guy who otherwise would've been tweaking the neural net for FSD.
And I am pretty sure they could've re-allocate budget that pay for the UI dude's salary to hire neural net/FSD person instead. Assuming their wage cost is relatively similar.

Mine went to 100% after ~2.5GB of transfers. Then dropped to 40% and downloaded another ~1.5GB before allowing me to update. Strange indeed.

in the past few updates, I 'grabbed the image' by parking near the wifi area, then moved my car to my own parking garage area (no wifi there) for the update. if it got stuck, I wanted it stuck in my own spot ;)

this time, I left it 'outside' for the update and the install. GOOD that I did, as it was thirsty and wanted to drink even more internet juice.

now, to go out, see if the car is alive. oh, and my orange HOV 'carpool lane' stickers came today! (do the happy dance)