Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have any personal information on the subject one way or another - I've left a few, and never been contacted about them, but I wasn't really expecting to be contacted.

Your description is distinctly different from the description we were given a couple years ago. Where did you develop this understanding?

I believe @greentheonly on Twitter (@verygreen here on TMC) looked at the code and figured out that when a bug report is captured it isn’t transmitted, just stored. My own experience with a mobile tech appears to verify this as well. They were troubleshooting an audio issue that I and several others were experiencing a year ago and the mobile tech asked me to shoot him an email whenever I created a bug report about the issue. He said that he would then remotely connect to my car and download the recently captured bug report log files. Unless I notified him there was a bug report to look at he would had no way of knowing I submitted a bug report.

I’m told the last update with the new voice commands may have affected it, but Tesla gave you a way to help with that. While the car is showing the incorrect route, hit the voice button, say bug report, then a sentence or two explaining the issue.

The car will take screenshots of all screens and send them and your voice memo and possibly some log data to the software team to fix. (Or it did before the update; I haven’t tried it since.)

I’ve been told that Tesla is using an open map database in the backend, and folks have fixed map issues there and seen them reflected in the car. I’ll have to see if I can find one of the threads talking about that to add details here.

My bug report ability hasn’t been functional since the last software update.

• Helpful
Reactions: Saghost
I don't have any personal information on the subject one way or another - I've left a few, and never been contacted about them, but I wasn't really expecting to be contacted.

Your description is distinctly different from the description we were given a couple years ago. Where did you develop this understanding?

What Poitnarf said...folks who've looked at the code say it goes nowhere- plus numerous actual Tesla techs who've said the same to various owners on here when they asked about the bug report feature.

It just sits on the car until a tech has a reason to access it.

This will cheer some people up

Voice commands work pretty well on MCU1 too....

Attachments

• 9AC06688-E279-49CF-8DE2-0F5B7109955D.jpeg
    9AC06688-E279-49CF-8DE2-0F5B7109955D.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 882
Reactions: TomB985