Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been removing my dashcam storage device, just for the heck of it. one less thing for it to have to mount or dismount or worry about.

once the update is done and I'm ready to drive, I replug any writeable drives back in. (my music is a read-only (sort of) drive so its fine to leave that one in, tesla won't write to that one).

It feels like ACC is brake/acceleration happy with the latest release. It accelerates/brakes hard in traffic causing my passengers to get tossed around a bit in traffic.

took a test drive, just now (yeah, crazy me, I go out FOR a drive IN rush hour. lol). did not notice any changes. turns on tacc and autosteer at times.

nothing changed at all for me. same visuals, same everything. car still drives well, does not ping pong (that I know of) and phantom braking is very rare for my car (knock wood).

Major AP bug fix for right hand drivers. (Australia)
Tested after installing 2020.40.1 car now navigates to the off ramp whilst being in the left hand lane. Previous version wanted to stay in the right hand land which was a bit disconcerting when you had to move across multiple lanes to exit manually.

Reactions: T Slaw
It’s been “proven” that it doesn’t work, but I just went into the software menu and tapped advanced 10 times and then it said checking for update and started downloading the update.

Which proves nothing. You had your car check for updates on the biggest rollout day for this update so far so it’s not surprising that your car was able to download the update now.

This will cheer some people up
9ac06688-e279-49cf-8de2-0f5b7109955d-jpeg.505364

That screen is very different that what I've got - I realize that you're in Canada, but what does Key fob Update do, if anything? I have a keyfob, does it need updating?

I actually have a different method too expedite the update. Second time now and it worked.
I have two different access points and one is directly connected too the router and secondary is a double nat router. Every time a switch back and forth between the two it triggers the update. I'm going to grab a capture and see what happens when it first connects.

I actually have a different method too expedite the update. Second time now and it worked.
I have two different access points and one is directly connected too the router and secondary is a double nat router. Every time a switch back and forth between the two it triggers the update. I'm going to grab a capture and see what happens when it first connects.

My method is even better. I did a voodoo dance around my 3 for exactly 2020.4.1 seconds while my Elon voodoo doll sat in the drivers seat. Oh, dog mode was on too. You cannot forget to turn on dog mode or it will all be for naught! My update appeared immediately after performing this ritual.