Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After installing the new software last night my car charged beyond the 90% limit I had set. This morning I expected to be at 90% or about 287 miles. Instead it was at 298 miles. The screen showed my 90% line and that The car had charged beyond it. I did a reboot. We’ll see what it does tonight. I also had to reset my scheduled charging. I wonder what other things have been reset?

My method is even better. I did a voodoo dance around my 3 for exactly 2020.4.1 seconds while my Elon voodoo doll sat in the drivers seat. Oh, dog mode was on too. You cannot forget to turn on dog mode or it will all be for naught! My update appeared immediately after performing this ritual.
I know, right? It's like back in the day when people with Polaroids would wave them around to "make them develop faster" - no amount of explaining how it actually works, facts, etc. changes anything they do.

Your method was just a coincidence. The actual method is you have to make a right turn into your garage after having your homelink auto-open the garage door with Motley Crue playing at volume 4. I did EXACTLY this last night - updated immediately.

Reactions: Occar and PoitNarf
So more on my 2020.4 issue. I rebooted both the car and phone. if I open the Tesla app on my phone, I can unlock the car, open the frunk/trunk, play with the horn, lights etc., but once in, it will not start without the key card. I'll try un-pairing and the re-pairing the phone later. But I really shouldn't have to. It's like getting a microsoft update and your computer doesn't work until you reload the whole operating system.

Reactions: T Slaw
After installing the new software last night my car charged beyond the 90% limit I had set. This morning I expected to be at 90% or about 287 miles. Instead it was at 298 miles. The screen showed my 90% line and that The car had charged beyond it. I did a reboot. We’ll see what it does tonight. I also had to reset my scheduled charging. I wonder what other things have been reset?
mine charge to 80% 254 miles
after the update, 248 miles

• Funny
Reactions: St☰v☰
I wouldnt mind weather and air quality data. That would be nice. On my prior Chevy if you had a nav route set up the weather app would give you weather along the way based on the time youd be going through areas.

Plug this site in to your cars web browser when driving.

Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

It taps in to all waze data, weather data, etc and moves with your car. useful to see were rain cells are and if you've got a headwind. Also to see traffic data.

Wish it was integrated into the car's system by default, but still not an awful alternative.

So more on my 2020.4 issue. I rebooted both the car and phone. if I open the Tesla app on my phone, I can unlock the car, open the frunk/trunk, play with the horn, lights etc., but once in, it will not start without the key card. I'll try un-pairing and the re-pairing the phone later. But I really shouldn't have to. It's like getting a microsoft update and your computer doesn't work until you reload the whole operating system.

Likely pairing and unpairing will fix it. Hopefully it does anyway.

Keep in mind. Tesla’s are all software driven.
Software is not flawless, and will always have issues on and off.
Just like every iPhone, PC, or Android phone does from time to time.
To suggest you shouldn’t have to deal with this is somewhat unrealistic.
It happens, and if anyone has zero tolerance for software issues, they should consider sticking with an ICE car to save their sanity.
Not suggesting you’re at that place with this, but it does sound like you have little tolerance for software issues.

Likely pairing and unpairing will fix it. Hopefully it does anyway.

Keep in mind. Tesla’s are all software driven.
Software is not flawless, and will always have issues on and off.
Just like every iPhone, PC, or Android phone does from time to time.
To suggest you shouldn’t have to deal with this is somewhat unrealistic.
It happens, and if anyone has zero tolerance for software issues, they should consider sticking with an ICE car to save their sanity.
Not suggesting you’re at that place with this, but it does sound like you have little tolerance for software issues.

What's strange is that the phone can unlock the car, but it won't allow motor to start.

That's what makes it frustrating.

Did you try logging out and re-logging back in... worked for me in the past.

• Informative
Reactions: St☰v☰
So far not too impressed with 20.4. For the first time since the 3 was delivered to me, I had to use my key card to unlock, start and then lock it up when I arrived at work... :(
I updated last night and my phone would not unlock my car today. I force closed the app in iOS and started it again. I was then able to get into my car.

I was also depressed about the new status screen showing we actually have Homelink 5 transceivers in the car but Tesla does not use the advanced features (I've posted about it several times before). Up to now I thought we had older transceivers. Lazy Tesla programmers.

My method is even better. I did a voodoo dance around my 3 for exactly 2020.4.1 seconds while my Elon voodoo doll sat in the drivers seat. Oh, dog mode was on too. You cannot forget to turn on dog mode or it will all be for naught! My update appeared immediately after performing this ritual.

Every time I reconnected to wifi it reached out to api.mp.tesla.services , hermes-prd.ap.tesla.services, hermes-prd.vn.tesla.services, api-prd.vn.tesla.services and some other Amazon aws address.
In other words when your Tesla connects to wifi it establishes a link to all these servers. I'm sure one of those is checking your fw.

Every time I reconnected to wifi it reached out to api.mp.tesla.services , hermes-prd.ap.tesla.services, hermes-prd.vn.tesla.services, api-prd.vn.tesla.services and some other Amazon aws address.
In other words when your Tesla connects to wifi it establishes a link to all these servers. I'm sure one of those is checking your fw.

Yeah but if your VIN isn’t on their list of eligible vehicles to receive the update it won’t download it. It doesn’t matter how many different servers your car is connecting to. Plus now your car notifies you of a pending update when it’s on LTE and tells you to connect to WiFi to download it. The cars are actively checking if new firmware is available constantly, active WiFi connection or not.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and RobRain
I updated last night and my phone would not unlock my car today. I force closed the app in iOS and started it again. I was then able to get into my car.

I was also depressed about the new status screen showing we actually have Homelink 5 transceivers in the car but Tesla does not use the advanced features (I've posted about it several times before). Up to now I thought we had older transceivers. Lazy Tesla programmers.

Any details on HomeLink 5 and what it should support?

Got 2020.4.1 a few days ago. The prolonged backup cam black screen bug, which had been gone from my car for about a year, is back. Also noticing the car is less responsive to the first press of the lever to change from park/reverse/drive, but that could be my imagination.