Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4 Anything New?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a new visualization today. (Sorry if this has been posted already.)
View attachment 511442
Flag man with a stop sign.

Nice. I don't think this is a new visual (just the car simultaneously identifying a stop sign and a human in roughly the same space), but it's a great that the FSD preview can handle hand-held stop signs for construction workers.

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
I Drive 33 miles to work every weekday using AP for about 50%.
Seen an increase in phantom braking since the update, mostly at junctions.
I think that i use more miles when using AP. Probably because it is poor at following another car. It seems to be constantly on and off the throttle.
It needs to be much more slushy IMHO.

Elon please make us some adjusters so we can increase the tolerance on the following distance eg up to +\-10m.
Also some tolerance on the set speed would be good, say +\-10% in mph.
If it could learn your daily commute, recording your speed and favoured lane, it would be amazing.

Networks connection has been weaker since this update and I Would say about twice as many phantom braking events on my 64 mile round trip commute. The most egregious is on the highway where the mapped speed limit changes from 65 to 35 for about 100 yards causing hard braking. I’ve learned and don’t autopilot on that strip of highway after getting honked at and almost rear ended 3-4 times.

Had an update yesterday and now have another one today. Both are/were labeled 2020.4.10

Spotify name was fixed for me as of yesterday too. Extremely small update file sizes. The one from yesterday and today combined for a whopping 9.2MB. Usually they are about 3.8GB in size. Weird. I'll see if I notice anything tomorrow on my drive.

I Drive 33 miles to work every weekday using AP for about 50%.
Seen an increase in phantom braking since the update, mostly at junctions.
I think that i use more miles when using AP. Probably because it is poor at following another car. It seems to be constantly on and off the throttle.
It needs to be much more slushy IMHO.

Elon please make us some adjusters so we can increase the tolerance on the following distance eg up to +\-10m.
Also some tolerance on the set speed would be good, say +\-10% in mph.
If it could learn your daily commute, recording your speed and favoured lane, it would be amazing.

Out of interest because I have never tried this but does AP behave depending on how you set the car? So for casual setting to make the throttle spongy would that smooth AP,s aggressive start / stop?

Ya, the 2020.4.10 update seems to have died. In fact a couple of days ago TeslaFi was showing some cars reverting from 2020.4.10 to 2020.4.1. How does that happen?

In the HW3 thread there was one person that reported having 2020.4.10 when they brought their 3 in for the HW3 retrofit. When they got their car back it was running 2020.4.1, so that's one possible explanation.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng and WilliamG