TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by VanillaAir_UK, Jan 23, 2020.

1. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

TeslaFi has picked up 2 instances of 2020.4 being rolled out. Hopefully some more details will become clear over the coming days. Oddly, both in China with US named states ;)

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Wider conversation starting here 2020.4 Anything New?

2. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

3. davidmc

davidmc Active Member

I’m getting withdraw symptoms for not having an update for a long time!

Looking foward to it

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. ritesh_X

ritesh_X New Member

IMG_20200124_213554.jpg Here's what it was for me.

5. ritesh_X

ritesh_X New Member

Along with some other things that seemed were already there from a previous update like phone contacts and message notifications, maybe some extra games too (not sure if they were new or not )

6. LukeT

LukeT Member

Installing here now. Those voice command descriptions above were pretty much what 2019.40.50 had in weren't they (that killed all useful voice control in my car)?

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  7. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

I would say so too. I'm guessing this is mostly bug fixes rather than features.

8. LukeT

LukeT Member

Some new suspension settings for cars with the necessary hardware.
    20200125_145139.jpg

I look forward to trying this out. I recall posting on here a while back re being keen to see a more comfortable cruising setting.

There's also some stuff about smart summon and adjacent lane speeds but I think I saw all that from previous updates.

9. pdk42

pdk42 Member

Wonder when voice commands will work again?

10. LukeT

LukeT Member

Mine certainly don't with this update. Not a sausage. Multiple attempts and not one success. Bring back the old system, Tesla, please, until you can make this one work.

I can't prove it's due to this update but I must say my autopilot was as poor today as I've experienced it in my 6 months of ownership. And I'm usually a supporter of it. In a 3.5 hour drive this evening it exhibited pretty much all of the issues folk commonly complain about. Multiple incidences of phantom braking, almost constant left fender camera blocked or blinded and therefore no lane change, despite 3x cleaning the cameras (which weren't dirty or misted up) and some quite skittish wobbling within the lane at times, plus the obligatory choosing the right on a splitting lane. There was a bit of light rain occasionally, but mostly not, and dark of course. So on the rather limited basis of one man's experience for one day, I wouldn't recommend installing it!

• Like x 1
  11. Epico

Epico Member

What's range mode on your a/c? Never seen that before....am I the only one?

12. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

I got "left fender camera blocked or blinded" a couple of times tonight, still on 2019.40.50

13. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

#13 NorfolkMustard, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    Standard S/X feature IIRC. Stops it using the dedicated battery heater, uses rear motor less, uses lower fan speed, half the cabin heaters and reduced power to air conditioning compressor

14. LukeT

LukeT Member

I think it also has a wider comfort band for temperature so you have to be further from the desired temperature for it really blast you with hot/cold, which I like. I use it as much because I just like how it works as for any energy saving.

15. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

yes how annoying, works in s/x but not in 3! Tesla staff are equally confused!

16. LukeT

LukeT Member

Mine's an S. Doesn't work in that!

17. CertLive

CertLive Member

Oh brilliant! My voice commands have been dead since Christmas, glad to see its back, really useful when driving. Even in its pre christmas less functional form it was spot on in recognising where I wanted to go.

18. TomD

TomD Member

I gave up with voice commands after trying for 20 minutes to call "Mum" which kept being converted to "Mom" and finding no match.

19. Rob R

Rob R Member

I get that, but I don't think it uses the word "fender"? Low sun, or headlight dazzle, seems to be the cause.

20. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Oh maybe the one I tried was on old software then