Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi has picked up 2 instances of 2020.4 being rolled out. Hopefully some more details will become clear over the coming days. Oddly, both in China with US named states ;)

TeslaFi said:
Software version 2020.4 bec232c2c946 was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor in Texas China. The highest previous version was 2019.40.50.7 ad132c7.

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Wider conversation starting here 2020.4 Anything New?

IMG_20200124_213554.jpg
Here's what it was for me.

Some new suspension settings for cars with the necessary hardware.
20200125_145139.jpg

I look forward to trying this out. I recall posting on here a while back re being keen to see a more comfortable cruising setting.

There's also some stuff about smart summon and adjacent lane speeds but I think I saw all that from previous updates.

Wonder when voice commands will work again?

Mine certainly don't with this update. Not a sausage. Multiple attempts and not one success. Bring back the old system, Tesla, please, until you can make this one work.

I can't prove it's due to this update but I must say my autopilot was as poor today as I've experienced it in my 6 months of ownership. And I'm usually a supporter of it. In a 3.5 hour drive this evening it exhibited pretty much all of the issues folk commonly complain about. Multiple incidences of phantom braking, almost constant left fender camera blocked or blinded and therefore no lane change, despite 3x cleaning the cameras (which weren't dirty or misted up) and some quite skittish wobbling within the lane at times, plus the obligatory choosing the right on a splitting lane. There was a bit of light rain occasionally, but mostly not, and dark of course. So on the rather limited basis of one man's experience for one day, I wouldn't recommend installing it!

Reactions: Roy W.
Some new suspension settings for cars with the necessary hardware.
View attachment 504129

I look forward to trying this out. I recall posting on here a while back re being keen to see a more comfortable cruising setting.

There's also some stuff about smart summon and adjacent lane speeds but I think I saw all that from previous updates.

What's range mode on your a/c? Never seen that before....am I the only one?

Standard S/X feature IIRC. Stops it using the dedicated battery heater, uses rear motor less, uses lower fan speed, half the cabin heaters and reduced power to air conditioning compressor

I think it also has a wider comfort band for temperature so you have to be further from the desired temperature for it really blast you with hot/cold, which I like. I use it as much because I just like how it works as for any energy saving.