Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery seemed to heat up much quicker yesterday with 2020.4. Only had limited regen for a few miles.

Same for me. I didn't have any regen limitation this morning and it was even a little colder than it has been the last few weeks. Before the update, the car would restrict half the regen range when I left home even with departure pre-conditioning.

IMG_20200130_133933.jpg
Same for me. I didn't have any regen limitation this morning and it was even a little colder than it has been the last few weeks. Before the update, the car would restrict half the regen range when I left home even with departure pre-conditioning.

Pretty much unchanged on MS Raven. Little or no regen on cold-soaked 8 deg C. Could still get regen a little earlier I suppose, but hardly the step change we need.

It will be interesting to hear if supercharging rates have changed at lower temps.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
MCU really has nothing to do with the voice commands. Unplug everything from your USBs and reset or reinstall the update.

My voice commands were nonexistent with first software for a few days, then started working some of the time and occasionally quite well.

Looks like could be same again, but at the moment the system appears to hear sound but does not have backend support to process.

Not sure where idea of this being MCU related came from. My comment was actually point out that all ages of vehicle seem to be experiencing problems, whatever the cause - as evidence against it relating to MCU.

I've seen several posts about USB devices causing certain failures during updates but so far I haven't seen that prior to installing updates all USB devices must be disconnected. That might be a good idea, but not part of my update routine at the moment.

Last edited:
yup, even with my hillbilly accent, it understood me just fine on all occasions. Baffled as to why some are having issues.
(Also question to @MarcusMaximus)

Interesting indeed.
Seat heaters: I'm able to turn them all on or both in front or only all rear ones. But no way to turn only mine. I tried to designate a seat by left or right, or using "my" or the passenger: text display is correct but is interpreted as "all in front" or all in the back.
How did you formulate that you only want your seat?

Sending text message: again, I see the command well understood but reply is that it is not supported. You were able to create a new text message? Which phone?

Thanks

I still cannot get voice command response in 40.4.1, and lost it after 19.40.50.7. On the bright side, the text messaging is working great and voice replies work perfectly. Strange that voice works for some but not all functions.

2020.4.1 started downloading on my 2017 S, but got stuck at 48%. I called support and they “fixed it” by pushing 2019.42.2.1 back on. Now they won’t try again with 2020.4.2.1. They of course claim that it isn’t released to my type of vehicle yet. So frustrating.

Interesting indeed.
Seat heaters: I'm able to turn them all on or both in front or only all rear ones. But no way to turn only mine. I tried to designate a seat by left or right, or using "my" or the passenger: text display is correct but is interpreted as "all in front" or all in the back.

Sending text message: again, I see the command well understood but reply is that it is not supported. You were able to create a new text message? Which phone?

Thanks
Did you try saying "driver" or "passenger" seat heater? That works for us.

Interesting indeed.

Thanks

I don’t have the sub zero package, so I only have seat heaters in the front. I just asked for passenger to be turned off and it worked. I also tried Bioweapon Defense Mode, but it said it can’t do that yet.

And ya, I was able to make a new message and send it to my wife(and verified it really went through). iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Reactions: AustinP
Interesting indeed.

Thanks

Did you try saying "driver" or "passenger" seat heater? That works for us.

yup; say “drivers seat heater”