Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of new features for us have-nots, including text message reading/responding and improved voice control. Other stuff, too. Sorry I'm unable to post pics of the release notes, as my camera and the MCU don't play well together and I get banding that makes the screen shot unreadable.

Using iPhone... Incoming messages are displayed and read. However, when I respond to a message it is not received. It just disappears. Great software QC as usual.

Last edited:
Anyone with MCU/1. Do you notice that the user experience appears to be a bit more responsive? Let's remember that Elon said they could make some changes to improve that (however we all know that the 2012 tech in MCU/1 is EOL, and unable to keep up with the demands of v9 and above (including 10.1).

Anyone with MCU/1. Do you notice that the user experience appears to be a bit more responsive? Let's remember that Elon said they could make some changes to improve that (however we all know that the 2012 tech in MCU/1 is EOL, and unable to keep up with the demands of v9 and above (including 10.1).
I notice the entire system bog down when there is a connectivity problem. Sometimes I have to pull the audio screen all the way up to cover the map in order to get things to work again. That map in the background seems to be the cause of a lot of slowdown in some situations.

• Informative
Reactions: Lex and MelaniainLA
I notice the entire system bog down when there is a connectivity problem. Sometimes I have to pull the audio screen all the way up to cover the map in order to get things to work again. That map in the background seems to be the cause of a lot of slowdown in some situations.
Dang. I was hoping that this 2020.4 had some UI improvement. Ohh well guess Elon knows that there no way to get us any improvement on 2012 tech in MCU1.

green on Twitter

"Tesla seemed to have realized no matter what they do stuff leaks through firmware so froze releases on week 40 and just backported absolute necessary stuff to limit leakage And now past the new year this must be hw they put into cars now/vsoon so cannot avoid it"

Interesting take and makes sense as I believe that's how new unannounced features are found through iOS updates

Received 2020.4 last night in my 2015 S85D , AP1/MCU1. Release notes in the attached pics. Location Delaware, Ohio.
20200125_074217.jpg
20200125_074217.jpg
20200125_074230.jpg
20200125_074240.jpg