Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the screen shots. It should be useful for our Tesla 2015 S 85. I wonder how long it will be before we get notification in Overland Park, KS?
VERY few MCU1 cars have gotten. Somehow we got lucky, then again I was a Cybertruck and Roadster/Semi invitee so maybe I’m on some list??
55905711-D0A6-4050-A729-23A026C28ACD.jpeg

@AmpedRealtor , @MelaniainLA , @Corsair , @jjhoov

Did the update fix regen and the battery heater not coming on? How about the browser??

Don't leave us hanging!

Got the car to download and reinstall 2020.4 after power down.

Browser remains pants , interface felt a tad more responsive , can't tell a difference with regen due to the cold temps we have here, and voice command still lags

On the bright side, I can read incoming messages on the dash and my favourite feature: record on honk !

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva and ChrML
@AmpedRealtor , @MelaniainLA , @Corsair , @jjhoov

Did the update fix regen and the battery heater not coming on? How about the browser??

Don't leave us hanging!
I can't answer those questions, unfortunately. I live in Phoenix so am not properly equipped to answer any cold weather questions. I haven't tried the browser, but the release notes popped up immediately. Responding to text messages w/ iPhone does not work. The response is dictated and the vehicle's display says the message was sent, but it never makes it to my phone.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
i got stardew valley on this update..

All i can say is facepalm, as i will never open it as it has an autosave. (i have the game on PC)
Meaning it will cause unneccessary writes to my MCU2 eMMC i think which can accelerate its death.

@TonyT maybe can chime in on how bad this is maybe for even MCU2 and our so called "bulletproof" eMMC, or if we need to worry about all those extra writes when someone is playing the game for hours, which usually happens in stardew valley.

Save game file is 1,810KB + 1,766 KB BAK file + 69KB + 51KB. being written probably every 10-15min as each day progresses being autosaved. (On PC)

If you notice your kids missing, they are obviously hiding in your car playing stardew valley.
Sigh... thanks elon... u made my 6 figure car into a nintendo switch. o_O

Last edited:
Many months ago I gave up using voice command for anything. When I first bought my car 18 months ago it worked fine, but then connection times got longer and longer and successful connections became more infrequent. Any chance the new software might improve this ?

Not me! I’m still on 2019.36.2.1 (Feb 2018 MCU1 build). “Software is up to date”

That being said it’s a “stable” build, and I don’t think anything new has come out (besides quicker NOA lane changes). And maybe, just maybe, less software updates help the eMMC?
Unless you are doing something to hold it there you should have Tesla check the logs. That’s not normal at all. My X is older and is on 2019.40.

in general the UI seems to be a little more responsive. haven't driven my S much since the update so don't know about regen etc.

Text messaging seemed to work well with a Galaxy S10+ on Android 10 with Android Messages as texting app.

Hoping my Wife's '16 X90D gets soon, she heard about the update and really wants already.