Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless you are doing something to hold it there you should have Tesla check the logs. That’s not normal at all. My X is older and is on 2019.40.

Good insight. If it goes another month or so I’ll definitely follow up with Tesla.

FWIW - I park overnight two-stories underground with no WiFi/LTE. I’ll see software updates become available (including 2019.40 at one point) but many times they get pulled from my car before I can connect to WiFi. Most of the time they come back, but in this case it’s been a long time.

Got the new update, loving the voice commands.

Question for the text message feature. Are anyone else's left side of their text message UI cutoff behind the speedometer so the first few letters aren't visible? Can't believe this is how they intended it to look.

I have a 2014 Model S P85 pre AP.

Good insight. If it goes another month or so I’ll definitely follow up with Tesla.

FWIW - I park overnight two-stories underground with no WiFi/LTE. I’ll see software updates become available (including 2019.40 at one point) but many times they get pulled from my car before I can connect to WiFi. Most of the time they come back, but in this case it’s been a long time.
Gotcha. No reason a release should be pulled once you are notified on the app. Perhaps one of them was bad and evaporated (40.50.3?) but 1 and 7 are definitely good. And the 40.x before 50 were around for a long time.

Just received 2020.4.1 a few minutes ago. 2015 Model S85D. MCU1/AP1. It includes voice commands, phone improvements, camp mode, backgammon, voice keyboard, driver profiles and new language support.

Attachments

• 20200127_20105811.jpg
    20200127_20105811.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200127_20110722.jpg
    20200127_20110722.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200127_20111733.jpg
    20200127_20111733.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Had the update show up on my MS LR a couple hours ago. I attempted to run it however it just hung at 100%. After a restart and an hour of hanging, the update has now disappeared as an option. The car is still showing 2019.40.50.7. Has this happened to anyone else?

Had the update show up on my MS LR a couple hours ago. I attempted to run it however it just hung at 100%. After a restart and an hour of hanging, the update has now disappeared as an option. The car is still showing 2019.40.50.7. Has this happened to anyone else?
Mine got to the end and then said update available again on the phone app instead of complete. I just let it be and half hour later it had finished installing.

Reactions: liludiivert
Gotcha. No reason a release should be pulled once you are notified on the app. Perhaps one of them was bad and evaporated (40.50.3?) but 1 and 7 are definitely good. And the 40.x before 50 were around for a long time.

I recently tested it in december, by purposely deleting the Wifi configuration to avoid an update before our ski vacation.
The update did appear and asked to connect to Wifi.
After a few days, the prompt went away.
When we returned from the ski, the update was still off the table.

I'd guess that updates are "on the menu" for a few days, but are at some point removed and make room for new ones.

Many months ago I gave up using voice command for anything. When I first bought my car 18 months ago it worked fine, but then connection times got longer and longer and successful connections became more infrequent. Any chance the new software might improve this ?
You may already know this, but a software update likely won't improve it for you if the issue is a poor cellular connection at the time and area where you are using the voice command. Have you looked at the cellular signal strength in the car when you are having that issue?