Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tagged, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png
BTW, you don’t need to post to follow a thread. Just like on FB you can click at the top of the page to watch/follow the thread.

Reactions: BigNick
I installed the update and was surprised/disappointed to find that sending text messages requires Android 9. Seriously? My phone isn't even two years old and I can't send text messages. :( Supposedly my phone can be upgraded but whenever I try, it says there is no update available. Probably not worth the hassle since I'll be updating again next month.

Everything else that was new seemed to work.

wow....got 2020.4.1 today....many new notes and new stuff......how they somehow managed to slip in some new things they did not tells us......

BTW: got text from Tesla this morning.....my new Model S is here and I pick it up Thursday!!! :D......asked them to charge to 90% and to see if I was going to get tax rebate check from them because they could not delivery in Dec before I went to Ecuador on 28 Dec.......they said she would check but it has been done for others so she did not think it would be a problem but to make sure I ask about it when I pick up car.....yea!

I installed the update and was surprised/disappointed to find that sending text messages requires Android 9. Seriously? My phone isn't even two years old and I can't send text messages. :( Supposedly my phone can be upgraded but whenever I try, it says there is no update available. Probably not worth the hassle since I'll be updating again next month.

I can send messages from the Model 3 with no problems so this is obviously another MCU1 feature reduction.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Can anyone who's done this update confirm/deny the rumor that they took split screen away on the MCU1 cars? I think I read you could no longer have part of the screen nav & the other part the browser. I run nav with the rearview camera & music so I just want to be sure I can run that array after the latest update.

Can anyone who's done this update confirm/deny the rumor that they took split screen away on the MCU1 cars? I think I read you could no longer have part of the screen nav & the other part the browser. I run nav with the rearview camera & music so I just want to be sure I can run that array after the latest update.
Not quite sure anything I noticed changed in my quick drive a few min ago. I drive 1/3 nav, camera and music on bottom. Didn't try the browser since that's usually worthless.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman

This is the biggest issue with android market manufacturers have no incentive to upgrade older model phones. If you want android get a Pixel with at least 2 years of guaranteed updates.

Reactions: Duffer
This is the biggest issue with android market manufacturers have no incentive to upgrade older model phones. If you want android get a Pixel with at least 2 years of guaranteed updates.
There is an Android 9 upgrade available for my phone but not through my cheap carrier. I may swap SIM cards to get it updated and then swap back. It's just sad that Android 7 and 8 both work fine with MCU2 but 8 doesn't have text functionality with MCU1. It's not a limitation of the phone OS, but obviously a (no good reason) limitation of the car's firmware.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865