Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you send a picture where to find the pre-heating in the app?
On my iPhone I can’t find it..

See icon top right. You can’t activate it yourself, it will turn on automatically. I think you also need to be plugged in.

Attachments

• CBF7C386-1A62-4A89-BF7A-29C14493CF93.jpeg
    CBF7C386-1A62-4A89-BF7A-29C14493CF93.jpeg
    445.7 KB · Views: 105
Can you send a picture where to find the pre-heating in the app?
On my iPhone I can’t find it..

Here is only indication in app of battery heat on. Comes on with cabin pre-heat depending on battery temp. Does not need car to be plugged in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200111_095213_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111_095213_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 76
I installed last night. Didn't notice anything different.

Anyone know how the phone texts would show. I didn't see how to check my text on a screen besides the phone.

You can only see received message while your phone is connected. So you cannot browse your elder messages before you entered the car.
Messages receive during your drive should be visible in the phone app, in the new message tab

I'm unlucky this time; download is stuck at 92% and no amount of reset will make it progress.

I have an SC appointment scheduled for Monday morning (not related to this update, it was set up before the update was released) and will see if they can force a re-download or something.

Try this as suggested by Viper
Musk confirms/Tesla Refutes upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2
Helped with speeding up the browser.
Sorry I should have specified that I have already tried any possible trick!
resetting trips, deleting old destinations, excluding traffic, disabling data sharing, setting map to image instead of vector, covering screen with sketchpad app, soft resetting, hard resetting, etc.etc. but the browser is still refusing to work.
This is one of the issue that prompted me to set up an appointment at SC.

I installed last night. Didn't notice anything different.

Anyone know how the phone texts would show. I didn't see how to check my text on a screen besides the phone.

With my iPhone I ended up having to forget and re-pair the phone. You need to go into the BT settings on the phone and also enable sending of alerts, Once that is done you can enable the texts in the car on the BT pairing screen.

It shows up in the binnacle and also the phone screen. You can use the thumbwheel to speak the texts and reply with voice.

Wow, the cellular carrier really controls your phone's software updates? That must suck... and makes absolutely no sense to do!
Yeah. I have an unlocked Verizon phone on Verizon's network but through a different carrier. When I check for updates, my phone says it is up-to-date but is still on Android 8 from sometime in 2018. If I check Verizon, it has Android 9 from 2019. I downloaded Verizon's update software and it looks like it might be working but we'll see if it actually finishes. If not, I'll swap SIMs, do an update and then swap back.

Reactions: ChrML
Yeah. I have an unlocked Verizon phone on Verizon's network but through a different carrier. When I check for updates, my phone says it is up-to-date but is still on Android 8 from sometime in 2018. If I check Verizon, it has Android 9 from 2019. I downloaded Verizon's update software and it looks like it might be working but we'll see if it actually finishes. If not, I'll swap SIMs, do an update and then swap back.
I tried updating a couple times and when the phone reboots, it says the update is complete but my phone OS hasn't been updated.

Here's what I see when using my phone on an MCU1 car. On an MCU2 car, I've confirmed that Android 7 and Android 8 both work fine to send text messages.

Attachments

• 20200129_142746.jpg
    20200129_142746.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 77
I just tried voice with the new 2020.4.1 and in my case (see signature) it is a step back.
I was like you blown away by the recognition efficiency of the previous version. Sure command were limited but whatever you added behind, it would understand.

Hopefully they improve soon.
This is getting tiresome, even for a fan like me, to have to cope with new feature that are half cooked. And it’s not helping if the previous feature was doing well.

Hmmm, disappointing to hear. I only briefly tried out the new ones last night after installing. Hopefully it improves, going forward. Previous versions were second to none in actual recognition.