Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all those saying you can’t make the stop sign of red light warning go off, I can confirm that it does go off, REALLY late. For me it basically went off so close to the stop line that with brakes to the floor I went over the line quite a bit. And I reacted immediately.
unfortunately this was not a test but an actual real world example. I would have flown through the intersection and potentially caused an accident otherwise. Embarrassing story.

I have raven model S. Was stuck at 100% for too long and eventually I restarted the car. The update is now gone and it won’t restart the download again. This happened over a week ago now. No update for me? I have since tried rebooting car several times. Do I really need to go to a SC for an appointment at this point? That is a massive pain given distance from me.

To all those saying you can’t make the stop sign of red light warning go off, I can confirm that it does go off, REALLY late. For me it basically went off so close to the stop line that with brakes to the floor I went over the line quite a bit. And I reacted immediately.
unfortunately this was not a test but an actual real world example. I would have flown through the intersection and potentially caused an accident otherwise. Embarrassing story.
Glad you are safe. So to confirm - you got a warning when you ran red - but it did not automatically apply brakes?

Similar problem. I restarted my phone and once Bluetooth was re-established steering wheel contacts showed up.

I tried that but was not successful. Actually, I deleted the bluetooth connection and did the paring again. I also tried the power off procedure from MCU menu just for good measure. None of it worked, so it looks like I am stuck without the steering wheel contacts - and the horn - until my service appoint.

I tried that but was not successful. Actually, I deleted the bluetooth connection and did the paring again. I also tried the power off procedure from MCU menu just for good measure. None of it worked, so it looks like I am stuck without the steering wheel contacts - and the horn - until my service appoint.
Did you allow it in your phone? It is hidden under the Bluetooth menu, digging into the car connection. (Click on (i) )
It also needs to be enabled in the car’s Bluetooth menu

I have raven model S. Was stuck at 100% for too long and eventually I restarted the car. The update is now gone and it won’t restart the download again. This happened over a week ago now. No update for me? I have since tried rebooting car several times. Do I really need to go to a SC for an appointment at this point? That is a massive pain given distance from me.
There must be something effecting multiple owners like you describe. I had exactly your experience on my Raven S. The download seemed to keep stalling to the point I thought it had failed, and even when it reached 100% it sat for a day and didn't offer to install. Finally, it just disappeared completely. I did log a service ticket but next time I used the car it prompted to install the update without downloading again.

I wonder if some of these issues (and also voice command processing) are suffering because of much higher loads on Tesla's servers.

Did you allow it in your phone? It is hidden under the Bluetooth menu, digging into the car connection. (Click on (i) )
It also needs to be enabled in the car’s Bluetooth menu

Hi AustinP ... What are you referring to when you say "It" above. I have no problem pairing my phone and that works well. The only problem I have is that all the physical contacts on the steering wheel do not work.

Thanks. I really didn't expect software to correct this, but was hoping anyways. My Tesla hands off system is considerably worse than any other car I've had in the past. Yes, the poor connection to voice commands is somewhat related to the cellular connection strength, but not always. What is considered weak ? Two bars ? I've noticed that my Verizon iPhone always has a better connection than my Tesla does for some reason.

My hands off system does in fact seem improved after the latest update. Before when I pushed the button, the connection circle would spin until it timed out, now I get a connection almost every time. Sometimes it even understands what I say

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus

Huh, sounds like the feature actually legitimately prevented a (potentially deadly) accident.

My hands off system does in fact seem improved after the latest update. Before when I pushed the button, the connection circle would spin until it timed out, now I get a connection almost every time. Sometimes it even understands what I say

I’ve noticed that it no longer requires pressing again when you’re done giving the direction(and, in fact, doing so seems to cancel it). Once I figured that out, it works pretty much every time I use it.

So I turned off the messages. My wife was driving the car but I was texting and friend and all of a sudden my messages started popping up on her instrument cluster. NOT OK, especially because they started getting read aloud, distracting everyone. I guess it’s just not ready for prime time.
Why not just make sure whoever is driving is the one connected to Bluetooth? Sounds more like operator error than software error.