Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.4.5 Update Increased Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

I'm brand new here and a proud owner of a MX! This is my first Tesla purchase and I can say I've never been happier! My wife and I bought the 7 seat option as we have 5 kids 12 years old and younger. We fit perfect in it!

Now on to the potential good news!

We took delivery of the In Stock MX on Sept 29th 2020 and the VIN has the "LF" in it so it was a 2020 model. I was super bummed when less than 2 weeks later it was announced that the 2021 models would be bumped up to the 371 mile range.

On Monday the 19th I got an update of 2020.40.4.5 and assumed it was a bug fix on the 2020.40.4. Well to my surprise it had two extra notes on it:

Range Display
Your car will now display a slightly higher range to more accurately reflect the capacity of the battery.

Supercharging Improvements
Your car is now able to charge at V3 Superchargers at up to 250kW peak rates. As usual ,when you navigate to a Supercharger, your car will condition its battery during the drive so it can charge faster.

I quickly checked the full capacity of the charge limit and it had been bumped up to 370 mile range!!!

I have checked several places to see if these release notes existed anywhere but I couldn't find them and I wanted to share.

A little more potential back story. We had a service call due to the the rear hatch not closing due to the sensors. The tech updated the car to 2020.40.4 then the next day it updated again to the same exact 2020.40.4 then a few days later to the 2020.40.5.

What I don't understand is if I will actually get the 370 mile range out of the battery or not. But I'll try to keep an eye on it.

Attachments

• 20201019_132155.jpg
    20201019_132155.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 112
Good news! I got delivery of my MX on the 19th and I will see once I get the car back. I'm looking at my app and it's pending to install 2020.40.8 Unfortunately, mine is sitting at the service center to get the trunk fixed and realigned.