Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.7 Just downloaded and installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so far on Teslafi I only see the 2020.40.7 updates being pushed to the Long Range DM model Ys, no performance yet.

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 5.16.32 PM.png

I'm new to Tesla and still learning...are the updates improving motor and battery efficiency and therefore the range or are they just adjusting how range is measured or both?
On the model Y, they added 10 miles. This was due to a software correction/adjustment. Turns out that the heat pump and one other item is allowing for better efficiency. There’s youtube videos explaining this.

The update is going out slow, I’m still waiting.

Fred

Last edited:
On the model Y, they added 10 miles. This was due to a software correction/adjustment. Turns out that the heat pump and one other item is allowing for better efficiency. There’s youtube videos explaining this.

The update is going out slow, I’m still waiting.

Fred

Just to add this is ultimately why I went with Tesla, realized they get better range with smaller batteries. Their engineers are squeezing efficiencies out of every part of the vehicle constantly and clearly years ahead of others.

If you switch your wheels to the 19s or 20s, does it give you 326 miles range?
No, it won't matter. I had my Y since March, so the total range dropped. I can always try to charge the car to 100% and drive it to less than 10% and charge it up again to reset it. Probably will see some range back, but I am too lazy. You will only see lower range on the performance Y.