Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.8 Performance MY no range update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloaded 2020.40.8 update to Performance Model Y and in the release notes it states

“Improved Efficiency”
Your cars range has increased with new software.... etc

Plugged the car in for a full charge and noticed it still caps at 291miles.

Did I read this wrong? It reads like I should have more range. Or does it not apply to the performance models?

Just downloaded 2020.40.8 update to Performance Model Y and in the release notes it states

“Improved Efficiency”
Your cars range has increased with new software.... etc

Plugged the car in for a full charge and noticed it still caps at 291miles.

Did I read this wrong? It reads like I should have more range. Or does it not apply to the performance models?
Range increase doesn’t apply to performance models. It looks we still got some efficiency improvements but no range increase.

I don’t understand the outrage. Is 291 or 274 not enough? What difference does it make if you have 260 or 310? I just don’t understand the complaining. I have a PUP and my commute is 85 miles each way and I have zero concerns about range. I would guess that most people only charge 1-2 times per week anyway.

I don’t understand the outrage. Is 291 or 274 not enough? What difference does it make if you have 260 or 310? I just don’t understand the complaining. I have a PUP and my commute is 85 miles each way and I have zero concerns about range. I would guess that most people only charge 1-2 times per week anyway.

I feel ya.

But wait until you've logged 70+K miles on your PUP with about 9% degredation due to daily recharging from 20-90% due to commute.
Then any additional range is needed.

I do 76 miles one way daily on my AWD 3, logged 73K miles in 23 months - I'm down to 284 miles from 310.

I'm about to download 40.8 on my PUP - I am not expecting for range increase.

Range/battery anxiety...also, everybody drives differently so not everybody will get the same number. Just change to percentage and stop worrying about it. Imagine if your phone was in minutes....:p

The more the better. Most of the time you are right, it doesn't really matter. However I live in Surprise AZ and make quite a few day trips to Prescott AZ during the year. Prescott is about 100 miles away and about 3000ft or so higher elevation. In my LR RWD Model 3 (rated ~305 when I sold it) I was able to charge at home to 100% and make the trip, do what I do in Prescott, and get back home with typically around 10% or 30 miles left. I've now made the same trip in my Y w/PUP 3 times and each time I had to stop at a Supercharger on the way back. And not even the supercharger closest to home. Now it was only for 15-20 minutes, but still it was a stop I didn't have to make before. So yeah the difference between 278 and 291 or 303 would make a difference to me in those cases.

Ok I don’t feel bad, I thought I was the only one who didn’t get an increase in range.

I got a PUP with 7500 miles showing 278 on full charge. I normally don’t believe that number as I truly barely get 250. So o switched to percentage to relieve my pain and it’s been well.