Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.9.2 - phantom window reporting/opening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doanster1

Feb 14, 2018
Oregon
Lately, I’ve noticed that the app will incorrectly report that a window is “open” (not fully closed) when it really isn’t. Since this is a relatively new feature, I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this as well. Not sure if it’s the app itself (v3.10.9) or the f/w or combo of both.

More worrisome is that twice last weekend I came back out to the car and the front passenger window was open a few inches. It was a cold weekend so no, it wasn’t accidentally rolled down twice and forgotten about, so just polling here.

Lately, I’ve noticed that the app will incorrectly report that a window is “open” (not fully closed) when it really isn’t. Since this is a relatively new feature, I’m wondering if anyone else has seen this as well. Not sure if it’s the app itself (v3.10.9) or the f/w or combo of both.

More worrisome is that twice last weekend I came back out to the car and the front passenger window was open a few inches. It was a cold weekend so no, it wasn’t accidentally rolled down twice and forgotten about, so just polling here.
I had this issue a couple updates ago. SC said it was a known firmware issue. But haven’t noticed it lately. It may be the somewhat old firmware you are on. Haven’t you received an update notice?

I had this issue with the software upgrade, and recalibrated the windows per Serenditpitous instruction to fix the issue. Also, I put the window down and back up and the app then showed all closed before recalibration, but the recalibration is something that is good to do occassionally.

I had this issue a couple updates ago. SC said it was a known firmware issue. But haven’t noticed it lately. It may be the somewhat old firmware you are on. Haven’t you received an update notice?
MCU1 car so this is the latest I’ve gotten (which is really only three weeks old prob for me). Will recalibrate all windows and see if that helps.