Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7014E767-1ADF-48F4-A4B9-995E280C3A17.jpeg
BBF227C7-1F9F-48BC-A5BD-52900483C007.jpeg
Nothing new afaik (new to me but already known)

So, the last 2 updates I have received also had the Speed Assist Improvements where the car uses the cameras to detect speed limit signs. It says that setting for this feature are found in Controls > Autopilot > Speed Limit, but I can't find an actual setting for this feature in the Autopilot Speed Limit settings. What am I missing?

Reactions: LionXng
That seems to confirm that it probably coincided with the Model Y launch, i.e. Model 3s with USB-C probably have it and ones previous to that don't.

I wouldn't be sure about that. EPC for model 3 shows the new USB-C ports, but doesn't show the new charge port design. There were significant changes - cable is now a separate piece attached to the charge port via bolts, and the locking mechanism is no longer a separate piece but is integrated into the charge port now.

It's also possible the just haven't updated EPC.......

I wonder if it will handle this kind of variable speed limit sign:

2020-10-07 10_52_35-5887 St Urbain St - Google Maps.png

Due to a school the normal limit on this street is 40 km/h, but around the school it's 30 km/h, however that limit only applies between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, between September and June.

Presumably due to the smaller size of this sign compared to the normal speed limit signs, auto-pilot will ignore it, like most drivers do anyway. Occasionally the police setup a speed trap here and catch a lot of people, in all honesty I don't know how you're supposed to read all the info from that sign and react while driving.

I wonder if it will handle this kind of variable speed limit sign:

View attachment 596125

Due to a school the normal limit on this street is 40 km/h, but around the school it's 30 km/h, however that limit only applies between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, between September and June.

Presumably due to the smaller size of this sign compared to the normal speed limit signs, auto-pilot will ignore it, like most drivers do anyway. Occasionally the police setup a speed trap here and catch a lot of people, in all honesty I don't know how you're supposed to read all the info from that sign and react while driving.

Tesla will need to train the NN to read that sign and respond accordingly.

I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit the heated charging port, and whether the software would identify that you've got it? Not sure how they would determine whether the feature exists or not.. minimum VIN number? Sort some of port to CPU communication?

Elon said on Twitter that it would be difficult, but I suspect he would say the same for the USB-C retrofit.