Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works on all roads for me. You may want to reboot your screen and make sure the full self-driving preview is turned on.
36.10 was local roads only. Check the release notes. I'm not sure how strict it was in terms of location, so it might have read freeway signs for some people. 40.3 is meant for freeway speeds signs as well.

36.10 was local roads only. Check the release notes. I'm not sure how strict it was in terms of location, so it might have read freeway signs for some people. 40.3 is meant for freeway speeds signs as well.

Yeah it was definitely not working on highways with 2020.36.x for me. I took a road trip across 3 states last week and got to experience it first hand. Here's hoping 2020.40.x fixes it!

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Yeah it was definitely not working on highways with 2020.36.x for me. I took a road trip across 3 states last week and got to experience it first hand. Here's hoping 2020.40.x fixes it!
It is a not a "fix" as it was in the release notes!
2020.36.x had:
Speed Assist now leverages your car's cameras to detect speed limit signs to improve the accuracy of speed limit data on local roads. As usual, to adjust Speed Assist settings, tap Controls > Autopilot > Speed Limit.
And in 2020.40.x it states in the release notes:
In addition to local roads, Speed Assist now leverages your car's cameras to detect speed limit signs to improve the accuracy of speed limit data for highways. As usual, to adjust Speed Assist settings, tap Controls > Autopilot > Speed Limit.

I was wondering if it would interpret it as a speed limit sign (since they're very similar) or just ignore it, which is what I suspect it will do (I mentioned this in my original post). I guess I will find out as and when I get the update.

Fairly certain it will ignore it. Not only does it seem to completely ignore ANY signs with extra verbiage, that example is a pretty tricky one. Even things as simple as "When Flashing" or "Work Zone" tacked on to a sign cause it to ignore it for now. Reading the nuance of time-based rules is probably 500 steps ahead in their backlog :)

This just popped for me, too. There are a few changes I'm aware of with week 40, such as glovebox pin, and priority Bluetooth audio device (finally!). This would drive me nuts when getting in the car and all of a sudden my wife's cell phone call is piped into the speakers - and she's above the garage in the kitchen!

now i wish they'd allow separate phone and audio devices to connect via bluetooth...

Reactions: TX_M3P+
now i wish they'd allow separate phone and audio devices to connect via bluetooth...
Agreed. My son and wife both love to connect their phone to play their music while I'm driving. Of course, my phone will always ring when this happens then I have to be the guy in the Tesla holding a phone to his ear (or close to my face when speakerphone is enabled) while he's driving! Would love the option to keep my phone connected for calls while they have theirs connected for music.

I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit the heated charging port, and whether the software would identify that you've got it? Not sure how they would determine whether the feature exists or not.. minimum VIN number? Sort some of port to CPU communication?

Heated charge port definitely required Charge Port ECU V4............ The question is, did the harness change? yay, let's replace VCLeft's harness! Oh wait, that requires disassembling half the car....

Elon said on Twitter that it would be difficult, but I suspect he would say the same for the USB-C retrofit.
It is difficult... unless you visit my etsy store ;-} To officially retrofit USB-C, depending on year, you would have to replace both the console harness and VCLeft harness. VCLeft harness is the whole left side of the car...... Unofficially, you just buy an adapter from me, or there's a nice guy in Germany who sells them on eBay.

• Informative
Reactions: john5520 and Durzel
I have 2018 MS 100D. Finally I can vent my windows with the Tesla App which is nice. I cannot close remotely and I have to go to the car and close the windows. Glovebox Pin again opens the glove box. But it has to be manually closed. See the scr shots.
Screenshot_20201007-184214.png PXL_20201007_223147981.jpg PXL_20201007_223339620.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: croman and john5520
There's a heater in the chargeport? When was this added?
@GreenTheOnly found it first mentioned in firmware back in January. So I believe it was introduced some time after January 2020.

New hardware incoming.
Integrated inductive phone charger (Qi) for S/X cars.
Two new S/X battery types in several configs (not yet sure of the capacity - TBD)
new lumbar (so new seats?)
New charge port type.
New suspension version.
I would speculate all these are imminent 1/

Source

• Informative
Reactions: john5520 and zhu-
Got this update tonight. Besides the little things like glovebox pin I noticed a few things.
First, 2020.40.1 had the ability to go through intersections if they were clear and light was green without a lead car. That isn’t included in 2020.4.3. Makes me wonder if 202.40.1 is a beta of sorts since not many people got it?
Secondly, the auto stopping at lights and signs is much smoother for me! Before I felt like the car waited until too late but now it is gradual and smooth.
Someone else on Twitter said that lane centering was better and AP overall felt smoother. I can’t say much to that as I only drove a bit and it was around town. Just sharing what I saw in that aspect.

Did you expect a software update to somehow add a self-close mechanism to the glove compartment hinge? :D
Unlike M3 in 2018 MS like mine I never had the option to open glovebox with a PIN, not that I needed one. So, opening glovebox is new for me. But I observed I could not close. Likewise, the vent is again new for my MS, I can open but not close.