Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed 2020.40.8 and seemed to notice that the lane alarm feature didn't work the way I remember it working. Previously, if I approached either side of the lane and crossed the painted line my steering wheel would vibrate slightly to let me know I was drifting out of the lane. Last night I noticed that my steering wheel didn't vibrate at all, no matter how much I drifted out of the lane. I "reset" it by turning all the Autopilot stuff off and back on again (while driving) which seemed to fix it; at least my steering wheel vibrated again.

A couple of thoughts on this. Maybe my "reset" didn't really do anything and my testing routing wasn't valid. Did they add a speed dependent factor to the warning (ie. it doesn't activate below 30MPH)? Has their always been a speed factor to the steering wheel shake and I just never noticed it? Has anyone else noticed any change in the steering wheel shake when you leave the lane with this release?

Did they add a speed dependent factor to the warning (ie. it doesn't activate below 30MPH)? Has their always been a speed factor to the steering wheel shake and I just never noticed it?

64 and 145 km/h on major roadways so 40-90 mph.

upload_2020-10-22_11-50-45.png

I don't understand why they can allow the app to vent but not to close the windows.

That's a good question.

I played around with the app and Windows for a while the other day because I have ongoing false messages showing Windows left open.

As soon as a window is opened, the app shows 'window open' or 'multiple windows open'. I found (may be a coincidence) that the VENT option would open all windows, but a window showing in error as being Open already would open further than the others for VENT.

Closing windows and releasing the switch immediately as the window closes seemed less reliable at making the app show that the window was closed. Holding the switch with the motor stalled did clear the Open message, but I think only temporarily.

So why no 'Close Window' from app?

My guess is may be safety related if the stall power of the windows is quite high, or may be that detection of 'Window Closed' is slow and / or unreliable, so you risk running the motors for too long. Once on a while that shouldn't matter, but if closed detection isn't very dependable than that would cause problems.

Not sure what's different about M3 and others whick I gather do have option to close.

That's a good question.

I played around with the app and Windows for a while the other day because I have ongoing false messages showing Windows left open.

As soon as a window is opened, the app shows 'window open' or 'multiple windows open'. I found (may be a coincidence) that the VENT option would open all windows, but a window showing in error as being Open already would open further than the others for VENT.

Closing windows and releasing the switch immediately as the window closes seemed less reliable at making the app show that the window was closed. Holding the switch with the motor stalled did clear the Open message, but I think only temporarily.

So why no 'Close Window' from app?

My guess is may be safety related if the stall power of the windows is quite high, or may be that detection of 'Window Closed' is slow and / or unreliable, so you risk running the motors for too long. Once on a while that shouldn't matter, but if closed detection isn't very dependable than that would cause problems.

Not sure what's different about M3 and others whick I gather do have option to close.

I guess that makes some sense. Really, they should have a window reset mechanism. Retract windows all the way down then fully up as per normal. Its what we do manually anyway with single-click windows up; can't imagine it would be that different from an app click.

I guess that makes some sense. Really, they should have a window reset mechanism. Retract windows all the way down then fully up as per normal. Its what we do manually anyway with single-click windows up; can't imagine it would be that different from an app click.

It's on the list for next SC visit so will hopefully learn more.

On a short vacation and 2017 X is unlocking/locking every 30 seconds. It was flashing the lights, and folding/unfolding mirrors. Not sure if it is a 40.8 bug.
I turned off various options. Lights off, but still flashes parking lights. I turned off lock on walkaway (had exclude home checked). Turned off honk (chirp) on lock too as that was happening. It is pitch black where I'm staying and I'm sure the neighbors saw this earlier. Odd and annoying. Not sure if it happened yesterday. I am parked pointed downhill (driveway) vs yesterday of backing in. Would not seem related.