Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.44.10.1 - Option to remove 3 of the 6 Audio Sources a step in the right direction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest update, 2020.44.10.1, includes a change in Media>Settings>Source to turn off three of the six sources other than USB. Since I only listen to USB, I turned off Streaming, Spotify & Caraoke. Unfortunately, the display still defaults to Tunein, which I never use. I wish they would give users the option to kill the display of all sources other than USB so that the display would have to default to USB. Also, within USB, I only use Folders, since I listen exclusively to classical music, but the display defaults to Songs. I would like the option to turn off the display of everything other than Folders, i.e., Songs, Artists, Albums, and Genre to force a default display of Folders.

I don't think it's possible to change the background colors, but I think that this update foreshadows a few additional streaming services being added. I'm hopeful and excited for Apple Music.

That said, it is good that Spotify has been updated to include playlists, so I can stop using TuneIn.

The latest update, 2020.44.10.1, includes a change in Media>Settings>Source to turn off three of the six sources other than USB. Since I only listen to USB, I turned off Streaming, Spotify & Caraoke. Unfortunately, the display still defaults to Tunein, which I never use. I wish they would give users the option to kill the display of all sources other than USB so that the display would have to default to USB. Also, within USB, I only use Folders, since I listen exclusively to classical music, but the display defaults to Songs. I would like the option to turn off the display of everything other than Folders, i.e., Songs, Artists, Albums, and Genre to force a default display of Folders.

I have the same situation as the above poster in that I primarily listen to USB. Even though it resumes the audio to USB where I Ieft off, the screen defaults to TuneIn. Did anyone find a way to make the Audio display resume to match whatever source you last used? Very strange that the audio would resume correctly but the display would change to not match what is playing. While I primarily listen to USB, I do occasionally use the other sources, so I'd prefer not to turn them off. Additionally within USB, the view always defaults out to the main Artist tree, I'd prefer it to resume inside the folder that was last playing and resume from there.