Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this downloaded yesterday, on my first drive this morning my Homelink would work, but only if I tapped it, not by distance. Also, my in car voice assistant thingy didn't want to work correctly. I had to reboot the system to get things going again, but everything seems fine now.

[QUOTE="Srad600Volt, post: 5122927, member: 145803"... thingy didn't want to work correctly. I had to reboot the system to get things going again, but everything seems fine now.[/QUOTE]

:eek:

sorry - couldn't help myself - its monday

The day after installing 2020.44, I got the Front trunk hood sensor needs service warning. The day after 2020.44.10.1 it hasn't popped up again. Could this have just been a software glitch? I have a SC appt scheduled for now to fix.

Got this update the day I picked up my car (Nov 10). Have had the black screen issue (not waking up) 3 times so far. App can't connect, won't release the wall connector cord either, but the car will drive (as long as it wasn't plugged in). Restarting (hold both steering wheel buttons for 10 sec) fixes it, but one time the resulting screen was garbled with what looked like random pieces of the map and a white square. Restarted again an all was well.

Issue has occurred twice after 4 days and once after 6 days. Luckily the first time it did it the mobile service tech was at my housed fixing a moulding that wouldn't snap in place. Have a service center appoint next week, hope they can figure something out. I don't mind having to occasionally restart the screen, but every 4-6 days is not acceptable.

This 2020.40.10.1 release def is buggy for me with the radio. One time, FM radio wouldn’t work (no sound) until I rebooted with the steering wheel buttons. I forget why I rebooted a second time but it was something to do with the radio too.

Maybe 2020.44.25 will be better.

Still seeing black screen every 4 days. Except for one time where it occurred after 6 days. Hope the SC can figure it out when it goes in on Dec 3.
SC contacted me through the app. Said the reason this was happening was because I was using a Samsung T7 500GB drive for Sentry Mode.

"We also did a little more digging and it appears as though the screen behavior aligns with a known current characteristic of firmware. There is a projected improvement to this behavior in an upcoming firmware release." Charged me $19.50 for the diagnosis.

Any 500GB drives being used without issues? The Samsung listed in the owner's manual is only 64GB. The Sandisk model listed in the manual has no size specified.

SC contacted me through the app. Said the reason this was happening was because I was using a Samsung T7 500GB drive for Sentry Mode.

Any 500GB drives being used without issues?
Yes, I'm using a T7 500GB drive, and I have not experienced the blank/black screen issues you have experienced. In fact, the screen has been pretty flawless since my original reboot (when I downloaded 2020.44.10.1).

IMG_1087.jpg

I don't know if this helps or hurts, but I have that drive partitioned so that approx. 50% is used by Sentry mode and the other 50% is used for the Tesla Music folder. But I haven't had any issues with it so far.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoowzer
Yes, I'm using a T7 500GB drive, and I have not experienced the blank/black screen issues you have experienced. In fact, the screen has been pretty flawless since my original reboot (when I downloaded 2020.44.10.1).

View attachment 613221

I don't know if this helps or hurts, but I have that drive partitioned so that approx. 50% is used by Sentry mode and the other 50% is used for the Tesla Music folder. But I haven't had any issues with it so far.
Ok, thanks! I'm partitioned the same way, but only 20% for music. I'll talk with the SC when I take my Y in later this week.

No issues for 7 days since I disconnected my 500GB Samsung T7 drive. But I also got firmware 44.25 5 days ago. I'll let it go a few more days then if I haven't seen the black screen I'll plug the drive in again and see if the black screen comes back.

Any 500GB drives being used without issues? The Samsung listed in the owner's manual is only 64GB. The Sandisk model listed in the manual has no size specified.

I'm using a Sandisk 1 tb SD card, no issues at all. I haven't used it for storage for music yet. In other threads some said the drive should be partitioned for this, others used nonpartitioned drives and as long as the folders are there everything seemed to work well.

I'd prefer not to partition since I don't know what Tesla plans in the future, without splitting it into two partitions each folder can adjust to the necessary size as content is added to them, no unused space in one partition that would be unavailable to the other.

To partition or not, that is the question. Anyone have any insight into this?