Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.44.25 software tune in stations gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This firmware update had wreaked all kinds of havoc in the app, including preventing notifications. The Service Center had to work from their end on this firmware update. (You can schedule the service but you won't have to bring your car in).

I haven't checked Tunein yet, but I AM getting notifications now. Tomorrow I'll have a look and report back.

I had the same problem with SiriusXM. Icons were gone. They eventually come back on this software version. In fact, if you reboot, they go away again. I minimized the audio app and restored it, and the icons slowly came back. Also, if you click on the stations without icons, sometimes they come back. Definitely a software "feature" that they should fix. The software still limits and does not provide SiriusXM users directly tuning a station using the numbers. We miss out on the Holiday channels that are not standard channels because of this omission. Come on, Tesla, spend some time on this app and fix it!

Just updated today. Before I had icons for stations but was missing some tunein station sound!

now I don’t get any icons and no sound for alll.

I hope the following post explains this failure?
I've spent much time blaming my new /replacement Daughter Board on the loss of my favourite internet radio stations. I discovered that the original ‘Tune-in’ US audio streaming service, this autumn deleted the bulk of its free streaming services Thereby favourites being grey-out.

This was to introduce ‘Tune-in Pro,’ a subscription service on a monthly or yearly basis. Apparently this is to capitalise/ monetise the reception of the radio stations it streams.

The old free service deleted at least 80% of its radio station output that was freely available! Now from the small amount of time I’ve had to research this service, or lack thereof, it now appears to be a very limited & sadly the only internet radio service Tesla is still providing!

Sonos, (like Tesla) also provide access, but in homes to most/ all of these lost internet radio stations, which Tune-in previously/ freely provided. The good news is, to continue accessing these internet radio stations one needs to switch over to Radio.Net; to learn more click on: Home - radio.de corporate or try another link: -

Online Radio, webradio, internetradio & music - Listen for free now

I hope the software 'Big Wigs' in Freemont,' (or wherever located) read this thread & my request, for Tesla HQ to start using this alternative provider in its radio software? As it's FREE!!!