Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B59D5076-C14A-476E-AA79-A2C8A2BCDBAA.jpeg 9C8CEF96-1DFD-4A78-978E-B512F599EA24.jpeg AF968605-18D1-43A1-85B8-9488C0C9CEA9.jpeg

Reactions: Croathlete
Nice. My wife and I would prefer the voice to be in French or Spanish but prefer the UI in English as many tech terms are derivatives of English anyway. My guess is this feature will be a hit in countries with heavy immigrant numbers like Canada. Woohoo.

Just installed 2020.44 and tested it on a drive, partly at night and in rain. I have set the autopilot speed to be set to the current speed when activating. This is nice.

We have to unlearn a few earlier workarounds now, because in some situations we have learned to expect the autopilot to accelerate to the speed limit. There are now two (better) methods to achieve this. The simplest is to accelerate to your desired speed, then activate autopilot. The other, if you want to drive exactly at the speed limit, is to activate autopilot at a lower speed, then push down the gear stalk for a full second to set the speed to the speed limit. Alternatively tap the speed limit sign on the screen.

Another method that may work well in some situations is to activate autopilot, but at the same time keep accelerating by stepping on the accelerator pedal. Once your speed is close to the speed limit, push down the gear stalk for a second. If you desire a lower speed, deactivate autopilot while adjusting your speed with the accelerator pedal, then reactivate autopilot.

And, of course, you can always resort to the right scroll wheel to adjust your speed. So there is a variety of ways to make the car do exactly what you want, which is good. I can see though that some drivers may even prefer the old way.

Since the last update I've been having a bunch of issues with cruise control and autopilot. The car will randomly 'see' stoplights where there aren't any or I'll press the stalk to go through a green light and then it starts stopping anyway. I've also had it suddenly give the emergency 'take over now' alarm when going through an intersection and nothing is wrong. All of this is new since the 2020.40 update. Hopefully 44 fixes it.

Reactions: Jmeitz