Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.10 SMS gray on gray text is hard to read

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RNHurt

2020 MY, White, Black
Jul 29, 2020
Louisville, KY
Is anyone else having trouble reading the gray text on slightly lighter grey background when you get an SMS message? I really like the new conversation format that mirrors most "text" applications (your messages on the right and other's responses on the right). The white text on dark blue text of your messages is great and I can read them fine. However, when people respond to me I see a gray on gray mess that I can't hardly read at all. Yes, I know that the car reads them to me but sometimes I need to double-check what was said.

Is it just me or is the new SMS UI hard to read when you get a message?

Is anyone else having trouble reading the gray text on slightly lighter grey background when you get an SMS message? I really like the new conversation format that mirrors most "text" applications (your messages on the right and other's responses on the right). The white text on dark blue text of your messages is great and I can read them fine. However, when people respond to me I see a gray on gray mess that I can't hardly read at all. Yes, I know that the car reads them to me but sometimes I need to double-check what was said.

Is it just me or is the new SMS UI hard to read when you get a message?
I agree. It makes for a dangerous situation as many folks will strain to read it. I can’t hear the read back sometimes because the music drowns it out so I try to read it. The gray needs to be changed for sure. And the font should be bigger.

Reactions: RNHurt