Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>>Make all the PNDR fonts, Battery level and other fonts really big. But make the speed font tiny. I don't want folks that I drive past able to see how fast I'm going.<<

Better still - put a horizontal G reading in 3" high font!

on 2/2/2021, my 2020 Model S rebooted while I was driving on a major street and I lost both displays. I filed for a service request then I got a response back from the Tesla Service. He claimed this is a know issue for this firmware release. Does anyone of you had experienced the same issue with 2020.48.35.5?

wow....my S has been using more and more juice since the 2020.48.35.5 update and the efficiency had gone down....Today I charged at a 250kW supercharger and was only ale to get it to charge at 58kW....I was at 58% and wanted to go to 90% since I am leaving on a trip tomorrow....Finally after ~40 min, I stopped at 79%....AT that time I was at 51kW charging....well I did the calculations and found I had dropped from 395 miles at 90% down to 385 miles at 90%....I dont like this version....something funny is happening and I dont understand....BTW: I did pre-condition the battery before I started charging

It would be interesting to see the consumption over say a month - including the vampire drain and sentry use. After all, ICE consumption doesn't continue when the car is in the garage except for a tiny evaporation loss.
my consumption has risen over the last 350 miles from avg 245 to around 329....driving the same routes, speed and same habits....no jack rabbit starts or hard pressing to get on freeway.....I will know better tomorrow as I have a 250 mile trip and I intend to charge twice....once when I get there and once half way back....then I will run calculations again and see what happens.

on 2/2/2021, my 2020 Model S rebooted while I was driving on a major street and I lost both displays. I filed for a service request then I got a response back from the Tesla Service. He claimed this is a know issue for this firmware release. Does anyone of you had experienced the same issue with 2020.48.35.5?

Yep, same thing with my 2020 MS since 2020.48.35.5. On two different occasions both displays have gone dark while driving, each time within about 3 minutes of starting the trip. I haven't filed a service request, but did log a bug report both times.

Since my last post on 2/5, I had received two firmware upgrades and the current version of my firmware version is 2021.4.6. However, I had the exact same problem happened this morning while I was driving. I reported the problem again and scheduled a service appointment. The service team texted me back and said the Engineering department is still working on this issue. I just want to give you guys a heads up