Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
'21 X with 35.5 now, the new speedo font size is big enough it feels almost like a troll, heh. I can see why if you're somebody who doesn't like to drive with your readers on, the old size would have not been great

I'm mostly concerned with stability, ever since .26 I've had to do a lot more thumbwheel resets to bring things back, nav got stuck initializing one time, another time FM radio wouldn't start up, auto-brightness on the screens randomly just stopped making automatic adjustments, all stuff that didn't happen in the first few weeks with the car.

Anyone have this happen with 2020.48.35.5. I updated last night and my profile, homelink and settings were deleted and reset, Tesla app could not connect to the vehicle, Sentry mode no longer available, and the backup alarm was gone. Only thing that remained was the settings to my phone.

Anyone have this happen with 2020.48.35.5. I updated last night and my profile, homelink and settings were deleted and reset, Tesla app could not connect to the vehicle, Sentry mode no longer available, and the backup alarm was gone. Only thing that remained was the settings to my phone.

Nope that's strange. Only thing I've noticed so far is the version doesn't say 'bad' at the end anymore. :D

Two things I noticed with this update.

1) tesla favorites are working again. It was one of the things I brought it in for a service appointments. They confirmed it was a known issue before.

2) the high pitch noise while regen braking is much quieter today. It could be a coincidence though. I only drove it twice today.

Since 2020.48.35, the camera reads almost any speed limit sign, and changes to that speed on the display - this is very annoying on freeways. It would make sense if it read temporary speed limit signs for construction, etc., but the "reader" changes the limit when it passes permanent conditional speed limit signs, such as "Truck Max Speed Limit", that list a much lower lower speeds. Obviously, it is still not able to differentiate between standard Speed Limit signs, and special application speed limit signs, and that affects the AP speed settings when driving. Until the NN can correctly identify speed limit signs, the system should default to the published speed limits on freeways in Google Maps.

Yea, I've been picking this up as well where it will pick up a temporary 30 zones like school zones as 30 and then not know when to cancel it because there is no sign to indicate the end of it.

Nope that's strange. Only thing I've noticed so far is the version doesn't say 'bad' at the end anymore. :D

I wonder how many service center / phone calls they got about that. I bet it was not a trivial number.
If anyone ever finds out the number, make sure I'm not drinking a can of coke when you tell me. There is no way that would not come out my nose upon hearing it.

Reactions: TomatoOne
Screenshot_20210125-231445~2.png

My car is downloading it right now... With no WI-FI connection. Being pushed over the cell phone network.

• Informative
Reactions: CT3PO
View attachment 630750

My car is downloading it right now... With no WI-FI connection. Being pushed over the cell phone network.

Are you using your cell as hotspot or does Tesla push it to your car?

I noticed that this updated must have been pushed using the LTE connectivity of my car
while I was parked charging at an L2 ChargePoint location without any WiFi coverage?

I was thinking that software updates were only downloaded using WiFi.

Last edited:
First world problems--

1) There are too many Tesla superchargers
2) Charging on a Tesla Supercharger is too quick and I have to fast-forward through YouTube videos <== This is me ;)

Is it possible to suppress the Supercharger icons if you don't need to go to a supercharger?

In areas like the Bay Area you cannot see the roads because there are so many superchargers icons !!!

Reactions: Jughead135
So it is no change to the UI with this firmware, for M3/Y. Had my second service request closed, but did get some discussion with tech support. Only opened a second one hoping to get more information. There is none to be had as to why the X/S had smaller font, then larger font rollback, and no change for the M3/Y. They are admittedly different display ideologies. So, life goes on, and this change is here to stay, at least until choice is considered an improvement.

So it is no change to the UI with this firmware, for M3/Y. There is none to be had as to why the X/S had smaller font, then larger font rollback, and no change for the M3/Y.

My M3, my son's MY, and my sister's MY, all received the enlarged fonts with 2020.48.35.5, just as did my MS - but on the M3 / MY, it only affected the speed, AP, and speed limit icon sizes..the positioning is still the same.

Reactions: McFlurri
View attachment 630750

I can confirm. Same thing happened to my car. I'm still on 48.5, been avoiding the "holiday update". This morning got the app notification to install 48.35.5, which means the car has actually download the update :mad::mad::mad:

Are you using your cell as hotspot or does Tesla push it to your car?

I noticed that this updated must have been pushed using the LTE connectivity of my car
while I was parked charging at an L2 ChargePoint location without any WiFi coverage?

I was thinking that software updates were only downloaded using WiFi.
That's what I thought too. I came in here just to confirm this, didn't take me long. I am still not going to press the install button. It can nag me for as long as it wants.