Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.37.2 just released?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anybody else just get 2020.48.37.2 pushed out to their car? I wonder what sort of bizarre incompatibility is causing my car to still get new patch updates from last year in May (2017 Model X, MCU1, HW3)....

So much for the “advanced” upgrade mode.

You have MCU/1 so that might explain why you're getting the latest updates based on last year's code base. Once you purchase the optional Infotainment Ugrade Package upgrade, you will be upgraded to some of the latest 2021 updates.

URL = Infotainment Upgrade

Did anybody else just get 2020.48.37.2 pushed out to their car? I wonder what sort of bizarre incompatibility is causing my car to still get new patch updates from last year in May (2017 Model X, MCU1, HW3)....

From what I understand, if you have MCU1, you will not receive updates with the 2021.XX.XX.X designation, which is offered on MCU2. On MCU1 YOU will continue to receive the 2020.XX.XX.X designation (i.e. 2020.48.37.2).

I too have a 2017 Model X, MCU1, HW3 and received the 2020.48.37.2 update today.

Hope that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: croman

From what I understand, if you have MCU1, you will not receive updates with the 2021.XX.XX.X designation, which is offered on MCU2. On MCU1 YOU will continue to receive the 2020.XX.XX.X designation (i.e. 2020.48.37.2).

I too have a 2017 Model X, MCU1, HW3 and received the 2020.48.37.2 update today.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Greenms60
Yeah... Looks like all of us on the 2021.4.12.2 are finally getting to move to 2021.4.15.6

Got my update last night..... Wondering why there are so many different forks of this .4 version.....
My guess is the next major one will be when FSD becomes available as the opt-in beta along with whatever new non-FSD features. So all they are doing is bug-fixes on the .4 until that's ready.

You have MCU/1 so that might explain why you're getting the latest updates based on last year's code base. Once you purchase the optional Infotainment Ugrade Package upgrade, you will be upgraded to some of the latest 2021 updates.

Exactly, I was in exact boat and immediately after purchasing infotainment upgrade I got current year firmware.

off topic but would def get the infotainment upgrade. I was on fence for a whole year and after getting it wondered why I didn’t for so long. Makes everything better, go include cell signal.

I kind of doubt it, unfortunately.

Looking at TeslaFi:
  • 0.7% of HW3 users are still on 2020.x according to TeslaFi. Surely more people have gotten the free upgrade than that by now, no?
  • Fewer than 5% of HW2.5 cars are running 2020.x, and MCU1 should be something like a third of those, right?
  • There are HW2 cars running 2021.x, and there's no way 37% of HW2 cars have gotten the premium update, is there?
  • Heck, a quarter of HW1 cars are running 2021.x. I can't imagine that a quarter of such old cars have gotten an MCU upgrade.
I used to assume that I was getting slow upgrades because I wasn't on HW3 yet, but that upgrade made no difference. I don't have a lot of faith in MCU2 making a difference, either. I'm pretty sure my VIN just falls into the "no soup for you" hash bucket. :D

That said, it's possible that a big percentage of folks with HW1/HW2/HW2.5 are getting the upgrade even with MCU1, and that only folks with the old MCU and the new AP computer are getting held back across the board. Maybe they're afraid someone will somehow get into the experimental branch with the FSD beta flags turned on, with an MCU that hasn't been tested at all with those flags enabled, and they're just being extra paranoid. (Or maybe it has been tested, and it doesn't work for whatever reason.)

*shrugs*

I just received the update on my 2017 Model S, MCU1 and HW3. Not sure what they patched or upgraded.
What version do you have before this update ?
This is release note for 2020.48.37.1

I installed it last night, starting it from the Tesla app on my phone. If I recall correctly it told me to expect 50 minutes. Yeah, I realize at times updates will install faster than Tesla indicate, and for me it was only about 25 minutes, but I do pay attention to the estimates and don't start the update if I know I'm in a critical, need to leave situation.

Got it too. Drove a few hours and did not notice any difference in AP1.
Only thing that I believe changed: text message. Got one, started listening to it but it was a hyperlink, I selected cancel. Previously, it would not stop and painfully continue reading the message until the end. This time it stopped at once.

But maybe it’s only me.