Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210206_103136.jpg

"v11?"

I get the sense that it will be quite a while before we see the new FSD. During Elon's conversation with Sandy Monro, Elon said that the new FSD was so good that it's likely to lull drivers into a false sense of confidence. It's not good enough to be great 999 times out of 1000, because that 1 time out of 1000 can kill you. I'd like to be wrong about this - maybe Tesla can limit the new FSD to limited access roads only as a start. In that limited application, maybe it's great 99999 times out of 100000 (five 9s reliability).

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Too much confidence in AP resulting in death happened a few times already. I find myself trusting AP a lot on freeways and surface roads.
Uber had to suspend their work due to a death. I'm sure that's weighing on the Tesla teams mind considering a lot of people are determined to see Tesla fail.

I think navigation has to get better in urban areas. I use Google Maps to get the general path, but following those directions blindly can be a mess without filtering. I'm not that familiar with LA and Google Maps always has me making way too many turns (like stair-steps) along side streets instead of following major routes when minimizing for distance or time. Hopefully Tesla's nav is better.

"v11?"

I get the sense that it will be quite a while before we see the new FSD. During Elon's conversation with Sandy Monro, Elon said that the new FSD was so good that it's likely to lull drivers into a false sense of confidence. It's not good enough to be great 999 times out of 1000, because that 1 time out of 1000 can kill you. I'd like to be wrong about this - maybe Tesla can limit the new FSD to limited access roads only as a start. In that limited application, maybe it's great 99999 times out of 100000 (five 9s reliability).

First update in months, what is this one?
-installing now...
Seriously? How about you install it and read the notes? Jeez people are pathetically lazy.

Did you actually read the post you are commenting?
Or are you just a sleezeball for the fun of it?

Wasn't lazy, just curious, you know -like a kid on Christmas shaking the presents before allowed to open them.
Because I was installing it at the time of posting.
And you would know that Mr sleezeball, if you'd actually read what you're commenting...

Seriously? How about you install it and read the notes? Jeez people are pathetically lazy.

Tesla patch notes are laughable, they change 8 things and only tell us about 4 or they just give broad sweeping language like "Minor bug fixes and enhancements". They change things and don't list anything in the patch notes about them. How about the glaringly obvious blue toggle button for the scheduled charging that didn't make it anywhere in the notes and the super tiny font under that to change to a different charging type.

People come to this forum to get answers from their peers since Tesla doesn't always tell us everything that is going on with out cars.

Just went from 2020.48.12.1 to 2020.48.37.1 and other than binacle display changes the most notable difference is how much less force I need to apply to the wheel to get out of lane keeping. Much more gentle and the passengers appreciate not feeling the car jerk.