Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My two week old M3 advised it was installing 48.30 overnight, and today it's still on 48.26 in the car; release notes are also still for 48.26. But on the app it shows 48.30 and the long number also ending in ...bad. So I don't think I have 48.30 on the car..... any advice? Any knowledge of what 48.30 is supposed to include/change?

I liked the new interface until I tried to back into my very small one bay garage in the dark. I WANT MY BIGGER CAMERA DISPLAY BACK!

...and now that I'm whining, do we really need all that white space on the visualization part of the screen? I'll trade that for map data please.
Yeah the fact that my screen now shows 30% blank space sucks. I understand where they are headed with the UI for beta testers and eventually FSD folks, but we aren't there yet and, especially for those of us without FSD, this update blows.

People hardly care about regen bar ?

(I've long stopped looking at it ... infact I don't remember when I was the last time I paid attention).
The regen bar shows reduced availability of regen braking in cold weather or high state of charge. When the main form of slowing the car down changes strength depending on conditions, this gauge bar becomes critical. It's actually kinda important to be able to gauge, ya know, if your cars gonna stop...

If regen is low, you'll know within a minute of driving. You can add me to the list of those who hardly ever look at it.

The first time I was fully charged for a road trip I went to slow down behind a car at a red light and my car didn't slow down as fast as it normally does bc it was fully juiced. Scared the s$*% out of me but I quickly moved to the brake pedal. Someone else less experienced would have hit the car in front of me. That regen bar is important esp since EVs are new tech.

Last edited:
My two week old M3 advised it was installing 48.30 overnight, and today it's still on 48.26 in the car; release notes are also still for 48.26. But on the app it shows 48.30 and the long number also ending in ...bad. So I don't think I have 48.30 on the car..... any advice? Any knowledge of what 48.30 is supposed to include/change?
Usually only bug fixes if the last 2 digits only change.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
The regen bar shows reduced availability of regen braking in cold weather or high state of charge. When the main form of slowing the car down changes strength depending on conditions, this gauge bar becomes critical. It's actually kinda important to be able to gauge, ya know, if your cars gonna stop...
The dashed line showing reduced regen should be yellow on the Model 3 like it is on the Model S.

Reactions: wasloan
Got a new update today and was hoping it reverted the UI. Nope. I’m almost irrationally angry reading the update notes talking about the driving visualization improvements. They aren’t improvements! They’re basically just useless dross right now that offer no practical real life purpose to drivers. Why the hell would I want bigger cartoons on my screen instead of my map and backup camera when the cartoons don’t show any useful information? The stop signs and stop light animations are bigger, great, but I am not looking at my screen to see if there is a stop sign or red light ahead, so why the hell would I care if they’re bigger or not? If and when the visualizations are accurate enough to reliably use to drive and park with, then it makes sense to make that bigger and easier to see, but for now they’re just fun Easter eggs, and I don’t want fun Easter eggs dominating my screen.

What a huge UI fail by Tesla here. Ugh.

The first time I was fully charged for a road trip I went to slow down behind a car at a red light and my car didn't slow down as fast as it normally does bc it was fully juiced. Scared the s$*% out of me but I quickly moved to the brake pedal. Someone else less experienced would have hit the car in front of me. That regen bar is important esp since EVs are new tech.

I already suggested (like others, probably) to Elon to simply emulate the regen braking with the freaking brakes when the battery is low, or temperature is low, and it was of course ignored.

So that the freaking car behaves in the same manner all year long !

The solution to this problem is so simple.

That regen bar is important esp since EVs are new tech.
Yes, when I first got an EV in 2011, I used to look at regen. But then Leaf had a range of 83, with useable range around 50 miles in winter.

You are in Louisiana telling me how regen changes in cold whether !

I got a programmable car horn, with no speaker.

A bigger car graphic for FSD that doesn’t work and a smaller navigation and camera display for a large display that used to work.

But they did deliver solitaire to keep us occupied if and when FSD is driving the car.

Was told the holiday update would be things we didn’t know we needed. How true

I already suggested (like others, probably) to Elon to simply emulate the regen braking with the freaking brakes when the battery is low, or temperature is low, and it was of course ignored.

So that the freaking car behaves in the same manner all year long !

The solution to this problem is so simple.

No, you weren't ignored... you were one of how many thousands of people who send him stuff daily... just no luck getting noticed is all. Best we can hope is enough people saying the same thing to get on the radar.

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz