Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry you feel that way. That had not been my experience after three years with the car. It is better than when I bought it. I can understand that Tesla engineers are slower to get to older cars, but they do get to us eventually if it is feasible.

this is a very good point. So many people feel so entitled to have everything, and have it this moment. Go buy an ICE car and tell me how it has improved in the three years you’ve owned it. We own a fully loaded Tahoe (2017), and yes, the ‘18 came with more options. I didn’t get those.
With Tesla, you DO get upgrades and you do feel like you are getting a mew car more frequently. Maybe not the option YOU want, but nonetheless options the company wants to put out there.
I love these forums but I’m tired of the whiners.

While not "complaining", and I know this is well travelled terrain here, I am disappointed in how little attention the actual audio experience has received in the past few years. We spend FAR more time in our cars consuming audio than playing games or watching video, yet Elon seems to treat it like an afterthought. At a minimum, I would have hoped that a direct integration with SiriusXM and possibly other major streaming platforms would be available by now. Sirius is the most egregious as I believe that literally every other car manufacturer offers an OEM version of SXM (inc Tesla MX and MS). I was (quietly) hoping that *something* would be included in the holiday release.

The USB audio experience continues to be a mixed bag as well, but that's another story and well documented in other threads. Based on Elon's hype and his love of gaming, I get the sense that the dev team has a much easier time getting resourcing approval for gaming than more practical functions like expanded and enhanced audio services.

To anyone complaining or underwhelmed by the latest update. How many of the 130 software updates in 2020 did your neighbors, friends, or anyone else in their non-Tesla's, receive? You can always choose to not update your software or go back to an ICE vehicle...

I really don't get this gaslighting. When I bought a Tesla the updates were baked in the price, meaning it's one of the reasons I chose to go with Tesla. The car having more or less updates than an ICE car is irrelevant, and it doesn't make disappointment with a given update any less justifiable.

Now that said, while I'm dissapointed we didn't get true V11 or FSD, I'm personally not bothered and happy to have gotten an update (just like I am with all my other devices). People who are upset I don't think "need to sell their car and go back to an ICE", but instead just need to temper their expectations a bit (Elon is a hype-man, you need to shave about 40% hype of the top).

I really don't get this gaslighting. When I bought a Tesla the updates were baked in the price, meaning it's one of the reasons I chose to go with Tesla. The car having more or less updates than an ICE car is irrelevant, and it doesn't make disappointment with a given update any less justifiable.

Now that said, while I'm dissapointed we didn't get true V11 or FSD, I'm personally not bothered and happy to have gotten an update (just like I am with all my other devices). People who are upset I don't think "need to sell their car and go back to an ICE", but instead just need to temper their expectations a bit (Elon is a hype-man, you need to shave about 40% hype of the top).
Yep

Most of my other cars were done properly before they were put on sale, heh. The infinite software update feedback loop is a cute idea but ultimately they had to get the fundamentals of building cars right for me to consider buying one. I think they’re pretty close to “there”. I think you can never connect your Tesla to the internet again after buying one, now; and have a pretty happy ownership experience. Maybe even happier since you won’t be reading this forum about update angst lol

They definitely weren’t ready to release a car without a public full of beta testers when they set themselves on this “everyone gets updates for free because we really aren’t sure if this is going to work” path and it seems like they’re not sure how to find the off ramp...much like their $10,000 level 2 software lol

• Funny
Reactions: DanCar
Tesla doesn't care about anyone but new customers and people they can get more money out of. That's become more and more clear over time.

I kind of agree with where you're coming from. I have HW 2.5 in my vehicle, and it looks like all development for that has been abandoned. Navigate on Autopilot doesn't function worth a damn on that platform, and it looks like they won't improve it anymore. So anyone who paid $4K, $5K, whatever for that is screwed over.

With HW 2.5 and no pedestrian warning speaker in my two Model 3's, this update amounts to ... virtually nothing. You moved a few icons around. Whooptee.

To anyone complaining or underwhelmed by the latest update. How many of the 130 software updates in 2020 did your neighbors, friends, or anyone else in their non-Tesla's, receive? You can always choose to not update your software or go back to an ICE vehicle...

So, let me get this straight: Now no one is allowed to be "underwhelmed" by a software update anymore? We're all required to state that we love it and claim it's awesome? You know, like the North Korean people have to do when they speak of their leader?

Ummm ... no. I'm underwhelmed. And I'm going to say so. I have $8,000 invested in two model 3's for Enhanced Auto Pilot that is supposed to give me hands-off driving on freeways and highways. I'm still waiting. Want to impress me? You're definitely not going to do it with a couple of games and some fart sounds. Deliver what you promised me 3 years ago.

Interested if you have proof of what you were promised 3 years ago.

It's the same thing that's promised, said, and advertised today. What is Navigate on Autopilot supposed to do? It's supposed to have the car follow a navigation route on interstate highways and other major divided, controlled-access highways and get you to your destination (i.e. the proper exit to go to that destination). And it's supposed to do it without human intervention. Is this not the proper understanding of Navigate on Autopilot?

Well, my purchase was the Enhanced Autopilot (EAP) feature set, which includes Navigate on Autopilot. Thus, Tesla owes me this functionality, as I've already paid for it. I'm still waiting, because NoA does not do this at this time. It requires human intervention at single-digit minute intervals at minimum, sometimes much more often. It cannot handle toll booths or toll plazas. It cannot handle construction zones. It does not know what lane it's in half the time and will make an error in navigation (will accidentally exit because it was in an exit-only lane without knowing it). It cannot see vehicles entering the right lane of the freeway more than half the time and requires intervention to avoid a collision. It does not plan manuevers and waits too late to make lane changes far too often. It will not exit the passing lane ever, despite having turned on the setting for it. It's not usable.

Not really loving new update, smaller MPH, and battery level now gray. :(
Anyone knows when approximately Holiday update will be available in Europe?
"What I want for Christmas is..." to get 'waypoints' !!! Well may be next year.

Note: Is it that difficult, to add 'waypoints'?

Without 'waypoints' the Navigation is not very helpful. Quite often the Navigation selects an itinerary that I don't want to use, such as
- making a detour to reach a freeway entrance while using street roads would be simpler and faster, or
- driving into residential area because it is shorter, but I would prefer using main arteries with less stop signs or traffic light, or
- I try to avoid making a left turn when there is no traffic light with a special lane, or
- there is no way to determine if I will be able to reach my destination without using a Supercharger if I need to make a detour...