Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having an issue with the holiday update where one notch on the wheel no longer changes the speed by one mph? OR sometimes it does and sometimes it changes it by two mph? It's really confusing me why it would ever change it by two mph with one click of the wheel.

Nothing new that I can see. I could be completely out to lunch with this, but I found that my rear defroster wasn't working yesterday. First time using it since the update to 2020.48.26 and it had been working fine prior to it. Just tested it after 2020.48.30 and it seems to be working again. Maybe it was a software bug?
Hmmm, I used mine for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed at how slow it was working...hope its fixed

I think all trims will get a visualization update. But I get your point. Like I mentioned below, having resizable windows would be a good solution. As for FSD, with the upcoming subscription model, I think more people would willing to try it at the very least, leading to a sizeable user base.

There were complaints about the old UI as well. No change is going to satisfy everyone, but they can surely tweak the things that are complained about the most. Someone mentioned earlier about window sizes adjusting dynamically based on the chosen function which seems like a good compromise.
If and when visualizations are good enough that you can reliably use them to park, change lanes, monitor traffic around you to maintain situational awareness, etc then having a larger portion of the screen dedicated to showing the visualization makes sense. Right now it absolutely does not. Only a tiny portion of the Tesla population has access to the FSD visualizations of the beta, and even they can’t rely on using the visualization to drive because the boxes still jump around for them. Right now a big portion of the screen is dead space while stuff that is actually useful like the map, backup cameras, etc have been shrunk and are less accessible and more inconvenient to use for the driver. This was just a huge fail on Tesla’s part. Who gives a crap about a larger and prettier animated car when it doesn’t actually serve any practical purpose? If anything, I would have preferred they shrink the left side of the screen and expanded the view on the right.

Reactions: wasloan
To me it’s a safety issue, e.g. when regen is limited due to cold weather or full battery.
It’s important to know how much regen to expect (or not) to anticipate having to hit the brake pedal to different extents.
Also, but less important for safety, power limits are nice to visually have as well.
Why is the restricted regen yellow in the Model S and grey in the Model 3?

To me it’s a safety issue, e.g. when regen is limited due to cold weather or full battery.
It’s important to know how much regen to expect (or not) to anticipate having to hit the brake pedal to different extents.
Also, but less important for safety, power limits are nice to visually have as well.

I would think most drivers would be able to feel the regen capacity and that the bar wouldn’t mean much short of knowing whether or not regen would be limited.