Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 April 2019 Build with "Holiday" update. Don't care about boombox and lack of speaker. Feel it would go the way of Summon and Toybox and games that I hardly try or maybe as a parlor trick when showing someone the car. Which summons always fails when I show someone even in an empty lot.

When I'm driving with navigation, the screen is just a visual mess and hard to read. The gauges on top seem just thrown there.

I like the map info displayed above the car but gets lost and confusing around the traffic lights. Much room for improvement and kinda surprised released at this stage of development. Would like it there all the time and not just when I expand the music window.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 68
The expectations were high. The actual update was a huge letdown for many. I agree with almost everyone about the UI- it's like they threw darts at a board in deciding where to arrange everything. I don't recall ever seeing a complaint on the old UI. Why rearrange? The old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" apparently doesn't apply to Tesla.

Not just the viz - just did a 300 mile trip today and encountered numerous and dangerous phantom brake scenarios - this version is definitely a step back

Agree 100%. I've had the car out a few times since the update and have driven about 50 miles on city streets. (I am not a beta tester) It's taken a BIG step backwards IMO. The car has become a total drama queen on the road. If someone pulls out well in front of me, the car slams on the brakes as if it was some crazy close call. It routinely swerves, slams on the brakes for no apparent reason, and dramatic braking if I forget to hit the stalk to confirm it can proceed through a green light. Switching on AP changes the car from the most fun I've ever driven, to the most obnoxious.

And for the love of God, can we please get the car to stop swerving into a incoming merge lane?

Once everything is fixed, then maybe the fart toy will be fun.

Bad update, but still the best car I've ever owned.

Except how many people have FSD? And at $10k, how many people will pay for it in the future when we all know it will never work well with the current hardware.

I think all trims will get a visualization update. But I get your point. Like I mentioned below, having resizable windows would be a good solution. As for FSD, with the upcoming subscription model, I think more people would willing to try it at the very least, leading to a sizeable user base.

I agree with almost everyone about the UI- it's like they threw darts at a board in deciding where to arrange everything. I don't recall ever seeing a complaint on the old UI. Why rearrange? The old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" apparently doesn't apply to Tesla.

There were complaints about the old UI as well. No change is going to satisfy everyone, but they can surely tweak the things that are complained about the most. Someone mentioned earlier about window sizes adjusting dynamically based on the chosen function which seems like a good compromise.

Reactions: DDHEverything
Nothing new that I can see. I could be completely out to lunch with this, but I found that my rear defroster wasn't working yesterday. First time using it since the update to 2020.48.26 and it had been working fine prior to it. Just tested it after 2020.48.30 and it seems to be working again. Maybe it was a software bug?

Attachments

• PXL_20201230_194534379.jpg
    PXL_20201230_194534379.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
People hardly care about regen bar ?

(I've long stopped looking at it ... infact I don't remember when I was the last time I paid attention).

To me it’s a safety issue, e.g. when regen is limited due to cold weather or full battery.
It’s important to know how much regen to expect (or not) to anticipate having to hit the brake pedal to different extents.
Also, but less important for safety, power limits are nice to visually have as well.

To me it’s a safety issue, e.g. when regen is limited due to cold weather or full battery.
It’s important to know how much regen to expect (or not) to anticipate having to hit the brake pedal to different extents.
Also, but less important for safety, power limits are nice to visually have as well.

If regen is low, you'll know within a minute of driving. You can add me to the list of those who hardly ever look at it.

Reactions: DDHEverything