Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8.1 Another useless update for most of us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I DO look forward to the 2020.08 update because it supposedly should fix the voice command issues I am having. However - that is simply fixing something that is not working. So I very much sympathise with the heading of the thread.
A lot of what gets updated are fixed to things there were not fully developed before launched. The FSD is a constant history of Tesla promises, user hope/delusions and delays.

I received 2020.8.1 (see my config in signature).

It did bring bug fixes: some mentioned in the notes and some not.

- Voice command: is indeed much improved, faster and no miss so far (french)
- Scheduled Departure, introduced end of last year (2019.50.7 iirc) and did not work so far: started charging but would never reach the limit configured by the departure time. Now it does.
- the browser is working!!! ... but it usually is for me right after a reboot. It dies a few days later, so maybe too soon to celebrate ;)

It never reported. It just would put a marker in the log files so if you called support afterwards, they could see what was going on at the time you experienced the bug.

There's always email.

This actually isn't true. At some point they probably started getting overwhelmed and couldn't respond to all the reports, but I personally got a call about a "bug report" that I sent via the voice command. This was probably 5 year ago, though.