Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8.1 Another useless update for most of us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It finished in about an hour, I was very relieved as I had issues taking updates in the past. I have a AP3 non raven car, I only got the bluetooth improvement, voice improvement and added charging stalls.

I was on 50.7 before, there was this annoying popping noise from speaker whenever the car turns off or sometimes on from being asleep. I hope this will fix it. The voice is already much better in the thirty seconds that I used it.

I have tested the regen. a little. Starting at steady soaked 6 deg C regen level very low. No obvious change. With no pre heating, the regen seemed to increase much quicker than normally. With a minute or two, two yellow dashes are out, but still very little regen. A couple more minutes and regen up to same as would have taken 30 mins of gentle driving. Turned out that the battery heater was on. Stayed on even with climate off. Once regen settled at around 30kw, heater switches off.

MS Raven LR Jul 19

So definite change imo. It may cost those driving cold, short distances quite a bit of energy without giving much if any benefit. I don't think the battery heater puts a direct load on regen. That would be an extra 6-7 kW straight from cold, regardless of batt temp.

For moderately cold, probably worthwhile.

IMG_20200307_093951.jpg

IMG_20200307_094851.jpg

Screenshot_20200307_094805_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: davidc18
The Canadian variant brings us up to par to US now with Driving Visualizations.
MX P100D July/19 build with FSD
I got similar info for update in UK, but in practice I see none of the visualisations already available in the US. No speed signs, traffic lights, sign text, trash cans... although of course ours are rubbish bins.

Last edited:
Did you enable the driver visualisations, via the autopilot settings, after update?

It was already enabled. Getting cones and other existing stuff. Always worth turning off and on again in those immortal IT Crowd words.

[edit: thanks, that was it. Phew!]

[edit 2: Looks like setting in driver profile was messed up. Changed in Easy Entry but not driver profile.

So yes, my UK car has some additional visualisations. Traffic lights and trash cans. It is REALLY GOOD at spotting trash cans.

No text signs or other signs as far as I can see so far.]

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
It was already enabled. Getting cones and other existing stuff. Always worth turning off and on again in those immortal IT Crowd words.

[edit: thanks, that was it. Phew!]

[edit 2: Looks like setting in driver profile was messed up. Changed in Easy Entry but not driver profile.

So yes, my UK car has some additional visualisations. Traffic lights and trash cans. It is REALLY GOOD at spotting trash cans.

No text signs or other signs as far as I can see so far.]
You don't see arrow on the street ?

People complain about more and more bugs so they focus on a bugs and people complain about no new features. Can’t win.
Then this comes along and does BOTH and people still complain!
When have they focused on bugs? There's still tons. With each new update they fix one while introducing two.

Besides, if they fully tested their software before going live I wouldn't have any complaints. I guess that's too much to ask even though it's the norm in the software industry.

Personally, if you told me the next update had zero additional features but fixed every software problem that existed & was fully tested to assure that no new ones were created in the process I'd be incredibly happy.

Allowing exFAT as a USB stick format is very useful improvement to people who just want to buy a USB stick and use it.

telsa IGNORES the most obvious thing, ever, in the history of mankind (ok, maybe a little carried away, but...)

if they provided a FORMAT button on the gui, wow, wouldn't that be useful? hey, they could do a 'media read test' as well. wow, amazing. software is so cool!

lol

well, glad they included exfat. that will help a lot of people and its a good thing, overall.

I am in the UK (Raven S Performance) and with this update so far I see:

- Traffic lights
- Trash bins (lots and lots)
- Road arrows

I am hoping it fixes the phantom braking on the motorway which is really making it rather unsafe in Autopilot. 75mph down to 50mph for no reason at all is making people behind me think I am brake-checking them (maybe the car has just become a hooligan). Time will tell.