Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.8.1 Another useless update for most of us

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the longest awaited updates ever with absolutely NOTHING of value unless you have a PM motor or a 2020 model. Really Tesla? Focusing on regen to claim a questionable few extra miles? That is the big news? Where is the FSD?

I got the regen update in my early raven. No perceptible difference while driving while the battery was temperature limited to ~23kWh of charging @~14C. Note that this cold temperature limitation was and still is much more severe than my old 2015 90 pack. Displayed range was not modified during the update.

SZ4iQQx.png

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Hi guys,

I have 2 questions.

1) I have a Model 3 SR+ with HW3 but no FSD, only autopilot. Will I also be able to benefit from the visualizations improvement such as seeing traffic lights, waste bins and arrows?

2) What benefits does support for exFAT provide?

Thanks in advance!

Well there is one more I mean one LESS way to report broken things. Phone X / email X / bug report X YAY Tesla for taking every method of reporting true issues away
It never reported. It just would put a marker in the log files so if you called support afterwards, they could see what was going on at the time you experienced the bug.

There's always email.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Tried basic summon with Key fob and wouldn’t respond to my MX. had to use my phone via app to summon out of tight parking. I’ll have to look at settings to see if anything has changed.
Just noticed this right after the 2020.8.1 update. Also the in-car preference setting for using the key fob is gone. Used it often to put the car outside the garage when I needed the space and in tight parking.

Just noticed this right after the 2020.8.1 update. Also the in-car preference setting for using the key fob is gone. Used it often to put the car outside the garage when I needed the space and in tight parking.
Seems like a bug...most days it will work fine with the fob and some days it just ignores it. Maybe it takes longer to wake up, but overall haven’t worried much about it, now that I know it’s a bug.

Seems like a bug...most days it will work fine with the fob and some days it just ignores it. Maybe it takes longer to wake up, but overall haven’t worried much about it, now that I know it’s a bug.
My car no longer has a button to allow continuous press so is that a bug? Is this "bug" fixed in 2020.12?

Update: my car is getting a second download of 8.1 in the same day.

Last edited:
The posting of this thread has a revealed a serious immaturity in way the the board is moderated AND in the way many users behave.

Much of this forum seems to have been invaded by those who hold what are essentially identity values. You either LOVE Tesla or you HATE Tesla and there are zero gray areas. There can be no dissent and what there is is met by ridicule and name calling. Sound familiar?

However I stand by my original post, and the bulk of the replies here support that. But whom do the moderators come after? ME

I have ask to be deleted since I cannot find a way to do it.

One of the longest awaited updates ever with absolutely NOTHING of value unless you have a PM motor or a 2020 model. Really Tesla? Focusing on regen to claim a questionable few extra miles? That is the big news? Where is the FSD?

I believe everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but posting in the name of others (« one of the longest awaited »), with radical subjective judgement (« absolutely NOTHING of value ») is not really moderate nore an example of maturity.

I sympathise with frustration as it’s a human emotion we all experience and venting is also ok at times.

Updates bring many bug fixes that dont apply to all but remain very much appreciated for those that benefit from them.
Although often those fixes even when they are relevant to one’s car, one won’t reliaze that the annoyance has gone (eg stability in spotify or in tunein podcasts resuming where left or garbage characters gone or...). Or simply because of the way you use your car (eg I dont use USB stick for music so I wouldnt notice improvement there).

I enjoy the updates with many new features, but updates with nothing but bug fixes are very much necessary.