Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My state actually labels exit lanes correctly with dotted lines so I've never had the "car thinks exit lane is just right lane getting huge" issue....

However I do find near the END of exit ramps where it goes from the one ramp lane to maybe a left and a right turn lane one can (sometimes) nudge it into one or the other without dropping out of AP... that was true before the update, haven't driven on it long enough to see if it's "easier" or not.

I will say it previously seemed to be easier or work more often if following another car though.
TXdot unfortunately seems to think that having each county select their own contractors for roadworks is the best way so we have the cutest little patchwork of roads that can differ in the way exits are shaped, or marked so while some (not many) have dashed line as a delineator most don’t.

I also got a collision warning with beep and red line for an inside curb while going around curve. This is a tight curve I take daily with collision warning set to late. Autopilot was not on but I have carefully taken it in the past with Autopilot enabled and had no warnings.

Several reports of this kind of behaviour in the UK when driving on narrow, but normal, country roads. It seems this update may have been pulled (whether for this or other reasons).

TXdot unfortunately seems to think that having each county select their own contractors for roadworks is the best way so we have the cutest little patchwork of roads that can differ in the way exits are shaped, or marked so while some (not many) have dashed line as a delineator most don’t.

As a point of anecdote I live in CA and have driven to and through Texas several times. In general the Texas roads are much better maintained and better quality than what we get in CA.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Obviously Tesla doesn't care and goes on adding gimmicks.

[Emphasis mine]

This is just plain silly. Just because they haven't perfected something to your personal satisfaction does not mean they don't care. If you look at the progress they have made and continue to make, you would see this.

I'd prefer they charge money vs the requirements they make the vendors adhere to for carplay viability.

I've never seen half-integration of Carplay in any unit. So in other words, if you want Carplay, you might as well turn off the Tesla screen and have it be all Apple. Not going to happen - or be acceptable to the consumers (as Tesla owners).

If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like you think that CarPlay (and Android Auto) are an "all or nothing" implementation. As @Eno Deb pointed out, these solutions (CP & AA) would be apps with pop up and down interfaces much like the current Tesla music UI.

Personally, I think Tesla's music UI is horrible

I wish I could roll back, this update has completely ruined playing music off of my USB drive. I get audio dropouts almost every song. It doesn't seem to be dependent on the bit rate of the file, I have FLACs and MP3s that suffer seemingly equally.
THIS concerns me. Almost all of my listening is of USB music.

Reactions: Msjulie
15F3D60C-037C-4E90-9C3F-7C0DDA36CE02.jpeg
Yet another confirmation that Stealth Performance gets the update w/TrackMode II. Also, 2.5 HW here.

Really would love to see an upgrade path from Boost to Performance. :)

So what's wrong with dumping several shovels full of hot tar/asphalt into potholes and letting traffic flattening the patch? ... CalTrans ;)

Oh, and to stay on topic, updated to 2020.8.1 with no issues :p

as you hear the tiny tar/asphalt rocks hit the bottom of your car as you dry over them.......

man I got the update notification.. drove home and was going to install it the next day and boom no more notification showing.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Be thankful you aren't in a place like NYC, where the anti highway folks have stripped out so much budget, you tend to have a lot of the lane markings totally worn off in places, look hard for the occasional mark remain

Be thankful you aren't in a place like NYC, where the anti highway folks have stripped out so much budget, you tend to have a lot of the lane markings totally worn off in places, look hard for the occasional mark remain
Yeah, the couple of times I've had the misfortune to drive in your state, the roads were just horrible. My sympathies to you.

How badly does the missing lane markings affect AP?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Defiantly a handful of bugs..... my streaming music black bar won’t follow the count down on songs, and now my charging port doesn’t open with my gen2 wall charger. Have to manually open the port with the app or inside the car. Thank goodness she charges still.

I am having Bluetooth issues. During phone calls the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting. I tried resetting car and unpairing and repairing and I still have issues. Did not have this issue with the previous firmware.
I had the same issue when I first updated. So I unpaired, reset using both buttons and brake, hard reset phone, then repaired and it’s worked great ever since

Reactions: borijess3
Defiantly a handful of bugs..... my streaming music black bar won’t follow the count down on songs, and now my charging port doesn’t open with my gen2 wall charger. Have to manually open the port with the app or inside the car. Thank goodness she charges still.

Really? I just bought a used M3P+ and it had the 2020.4.1 FW on it when it arrived and I had a gen2 charger installed a few days before I got the car. I immediately saw the update notification and within 30 mins had it downloaded and installed, so I'm now on 2020.8.1 and I am not having any issues with my charging door. When I get close and press the button on the charger, the door opens like it should.