Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with a performance still waiting?
yep..
they sent it to like 1/3 of the performance cars..now it seems like its been halted, barely any new installs today
..im really hoping we get track mode v2 very soon, ..im slightly concerned they are going to change or remove it (probably an irrational fear)
Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 2.31.48 PM.png

Reactions: Ssmtsx
Based on Teslafi data it hasn't gone out to over 90 percent of the entire fleet

And rollout has slowed massively in the last 2 days.

Dropping from hundreds a day for 3 straight days down to just a few dozen yesterday and only 9 today as of this post.

And bear in mind some (maybe all?) from today and yesterday are folks who got the download during the hundreds-getting-it few days but didn't give the OK to install until now.

Historically when you see that kind of pattern it means they found a problem and have largely halted the roll-out of that specific version.

Meaning you'll see something newer, with whatever the bad-enough-to-stop-rollout bug they found fixed, eventually.

I think they’re prioritizing the P’s with fsd and or hw3

I have a model 3P with FSD but with HW2.5 (havent gone for my hardware swap yet), and I got this a few days ago (and am not on teslafi). Not sure why people seem to think teslafi shows the end all, be all of firmware install statistics. You can certainly see when installs start, but trying to gauge percentages etc for the entire fleet from just teslafi users seems silly.

Reactions: McFlurri
I have a model 3P with FSD but with HW2.5 (havent gone for my hardware swap yet), and I got this a few days ago (and am not on teslafi). Not sure why people seem to think teslafi shows the end all, be all of firmware install statistics. You can certainly see when installs start, but trying to gauge percentages etc for the entire fleet from just teslafi users seems silly.

It’s true that TeslaFi is far from representing the entire fleet, but it can be useful in determining the distribution of firmware across types of vehicles (in this example, performance models clearly seemed to be prioritized) and rollout trends.

its a pretty large sample size so id guess its somewhat accurate

Reactions: Mash
Not sure why people seem to think teslafi shows the end all, be all of firmware install statistics. You can certainly see when installs start, but trying to gauge percentages etc for the entire fleet from just teslafi users seems silly.

Really don't want to start the whole "is TeslaFi accurate for determining fleet deployments of specific versions?" argument. However, TeslaFi is the best data we have to figure out how many cars got which version. You only need a small sample size of the entire fleet reporting to TeslaFi to make a good statistical analysis of what's likely going on with the entire fleet. Say you've got a fleet of 500,000 vehicles and wanted to know what sample size from that 500K you needed to figure out how many vehicles in the fleet have a specific version. Let's also assume you want a low margin of error of 2% and a high confidence level of 99%. Of the 500K fleet you'd only need a sample size of 4113 to accurately determine within a 2% margin of error about what percentage of vehicles in the fleet have version X. TeslaFi currently has 11,046 vehicles reporting to it, so their sample size is sufficient to make a determination that about 9% of the fleet has 2020.8.1 installed.