Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d love to have at least 2019.40.50 so I can get the car to read texts like our X does. I just got my 3 on March 5 and I still have 2019.35.108 :D

My friend just took delivery of his model 3 on Feb 29th, and it had 2019.35.108 also!

Picked up on 2/28/20... still no updates here.

While there are exceptions, based on peeps posting on TMC (myself included), it appears it is much more common for the first update to be a few weeks after taking delivery.

I have a model 3P with FSD but with HW2.5 (havent gone for my hardware swap yet), and I got this a few days ago (and am not on teslafi). Not sure why people seem to think teslafi shows the end all, be all of firmware install statistics. You can certainly see when installs start, but trying to gauge percentages etc for the entire fleet from just teslafi users seems silly.

As statistics go, a random sample of a majority is usually a reasonable representation of the majority, with all factors being generally equal -- that is the case here.

If ~10% of TeslaFi got the patch, then ~10% of the world got it too.

If you looked at TeslaScope you see close to the the same ratio as well.

Just saying ... statistics for the win!

As statistics go, a random sample of a majority is usually a reasonable representation of the majority, with all factors being generally equal -- that is the case here.

If ~10% of TeslaFi got the patch, then ~10% of the world got it too.

If you looked at TeslaScope you see close to the the same ratio as well.

Just saying ... statistics for the win!

I would caution against assuming that TeslaFi is a random sample. The factors that lead someone to pay for TeslaFi also corresponds with how an individual would configure their car.

I remember a few months ago when a certain update was going out to FSD only, upwards of 60% of TeslaFi was reporting having it. Meanwhile the percentage of the population estimated to have FSD is closer to 30%.

Reactions: Mash and jjrandorin
lol...looks like someone just got downgraded from 2020.8.1 to 2020.4.1

wonder if they are one of the bricked cars that was taken in and put back on old firmware? probably not but possibly..idk
Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 12.11.38 PM.png

Based on Teslafi data it hasn't gone out to over 90 percent of the entire fleet
And rollout has slowed massively in the last 2 days.
My recollection is that they push to about 2% on TeslaFi, then pause to see the results.
Then they push to about 10% and pause. (I think we're in the 10% pause right now.)
Clearing that hurdle, then it tends to go toward "saturation" pretty quickly.

lol...looks like someone just got downgraded from 2020.8.1 to 2020.4.1

wonder if they are one of the bricked cars that was taken in and put back on old firmware? probably not but possibly..idk
View attachment 519901
Bet they went in to the service center for the HW3 update, but had already gotten 2020.8.1. Service center took them to 2020.4.1 after the HW3 date.