Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think I'll start a thread about version 2020.8.1 since that seems to be off topic in this thread.

Pretty much EVERY firmware thread usually devolves into:

1. Someone rushing to make an "announcement" as an OP of a firmware thread, saying "I see new version XXXX on a car in Teslafi!!!!!"
2. Posts from others linking possible release notes / information from other sources
3. Posts from people complaining about not getting it
4. Posts from people saying " I got it! Me too! Me tooooooo!!!!"
5. Posts from people complaining about whatever new features / fixes are in the release notes, saying "Tesla needs to focus on XXX why are they wasting everyones time with YYYY??" I have wasted my money!!!!!!
6. More discussion about various features.
7. Thread dies down as more people get firmware.
8 New thread starts up repeating this cycle with whatever the next release is.

We are clearly in step 6-7 on this specific thread ;)

Oh didn’t know it wasn’t the latest. Well don’t get your hopes up then, not sure why I’m getting this update so late. It is taking a while to download.

If you recently had a HW2.5 -> FSD computer upgrade, the new computer likely had an older version of maps.
Happened to me last week. I used to have 2019.20 maps on HW2.5, then after the FSD upgrade, it showed 2019.6.
Service tech said I needed to complete the maps update back to 2019.20 before I could receive 2020.8.1, and he was right.

If you recently had a HW2.5 -> FSD computer upgrade, the new computer likely had an older version of maps.
Happened to me last week. I used to have 2019.20 maps on HW2.5, then after the FSD upgrade, it showed 2019.6.
Service tech said I needed to complete the maps update back to 2019.20 before I could receive 2020.8.1, and he was right.
Dude you probably just solved all my issues. I did have a HW3 retrofit, and I’m on 2019.6. I got the 8.1 update somehow, and it failed downloading, then the 2019.20 navigation update popped up.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors

This is great information!