Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my update today. Busy day for updates apparently. I noticed some things on the test drive that were new to me. First, when NoAP is engaged the map view goes to a 3D version of heading up. Is that new or am I just tuning in on it? Looks pretty cool. The 3D version only works on NoAP though, not on manual Nav or on AP without Nav. Also, lane changes are less abrupt. Definite, but smoother. Before 2020.4 lane changes were too tentative for my liking. After 2020.4 they were more definite, but also a little too abrupt. They seem to be just right now.

If you recently had a HW2.5 -> FSD computer upgrade, the new computer likely had an older version of maps.
Happened to me last week. I used to have 2019.20 maps on HW2.5, then after the FSD upgrade, it showed 2019.6.
Service tech said I needed to complete the maps update back to 2019.20 before I could receive 2020.8.1, and he was right.
I was downloading the navigation update but had to drive somewhere so the update paused. I got back to my car and it tried downloading 8.1 again and I thought it wouldn’t work again but it did. Didn’t need the navigation update

... Didn’t need the navigation update

Same here ...
20200310_183240.jpg

Apple doesn’t charge automakers anything for CarPlay

I'd prefer they charge money vs the requirements they make the vendors adhere to for carplay viability.

I've never seen half-integration of Carplay in any unit. So in other words, if you want Carplay, you might as well turn off the Tesla screen and have it be all Apple. Not going to happen - or be acceptable to the consumers (as Tesla owners).

If I'm wrong, then great, but that would be one heck of an agreement between Tesla and Apple.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
No problems here with the dashcam (micro SD card with USB adapter, FAT32 formatted).

I don't see any 3rd party chargers on the map, even though the release notes say there should be some in the Bay Area. I assume it's just the few EVGo stations with integrated Chademo adapter?

I'd prefer they charge money vs the requirements they make the vendors adhere to for carplay viability.

I've never seen half-integration of Carplay in any unit. So in other words, if you want Carplay, you might as well turn off the Tesla screen and have it be all Apple. Not going to happen - or be acceptable to the consumers (as Tesla owners).

If I'm wrong, then great, but that would be one heck of an agreement between Tesla and Apple.
Here's an example of Carplay running in a window. That's from a Volvo XC90 from 2016.

Untitled.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne