Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still stuck on 2019.40.50.7. Anyone know how to get new updates pushed through? Still waiting for the 2020 let alone this new one.

My Raven has an 11/19 build date. I'm hoping it gets included in this 390mi update

320 at 90%
IMG_3208.jpg

2019 100D (pre-raven) w/FSD and HW 3 (recent retrofit). Got 2020.8.1 last night. Release notes show improved bluetooth and voice commands. Didn't see anything about new navigation but I will need to look further.

Will say this - prior to this update (2020.4.11) I got an error that my USB stick was full. Took it to a PC and it indeed was maxed out so old rotation appears to have stopped working. Interesting that the majority of videos were in the 'saved clips' folder but I almost never use that feature. Also started getting video speed warnings (e.g. USB stick too slow to record). With the new update that error has gone away so they must've tweaked something with the video recording/USB stick handling.

Hopefully one day they will give us the ability to review recorded footage in the car directly on the MCU or even better from the app.

Yup, exactly 100 more miles at 90% than I get.

Totally not complaining. It would just be nice to get a range boost as some have mentioned may come my way. Especially since 90% should already be rated at 335, not 320.

I just find it odd that I haven't even received the 2020.4.11 software and people are already receiving the next new thing.

My 2019.40.50.7 did a lot of the updates that everyone was talking about with the 2020.4.11 though, like the traffic lights and stop signs, and the voice command updates.

I had the same issue with the USB being full but it wasn’t. I reformatted the USB with FAT instead FAT32 on my Mac (based on the car documentation).
I have MCU 1 with hw 2.5 model S. I had the same issue with the Tesla cam being full with 2020.8.1. I tried reformatting my usb with exFAT but that didn’t work. I just then reformatted it again to FAT32 and it seems to work so far. Maybe the exFAT only works with Hw3 or MCU2. I didn’t see anything about it on my release notes.

I have MCU 1 with hw 2.5 model S. I had the same issue with the Tesla cam being full with 2020.8.1. I tried reformatting my usb with exFAT but that didn’t work. I just then reformatted it again to FAT32 and it seems to work so far. Maybe the exFAT only works with Hw3 or MCU2. I didn’t see anything about it on my release notes.

From the Model S manual version 2020.4 (german text):
  1. Zusätzlich muss das Flash-Laufwerk als FAT 32 (für Windows), MS-DOS FAT (für Mac), ext3 oder ext4 formatiert sein, damit Videos darauf gespeichert werden können. NTFS und exFAT werden derzeit nicht unterstützt.
    =
    The USB must be formatted as FAT 32 (for Windows), MS-DOS FAT (for Mac) ext3 or ext4, to be able to store videos. NTFS and exFAT are not supported.
I just made a test and I can save videos pressing the cam icon .

Last edited:
From the Model S manual version 2020.4 (german text):
  1. Zusätzlich muss das Flash-Laufwerk als FAT 32 (für Windows), MS-DOS FAT (für Mac), ext3 oder ext4 formatiert sein, damit Videos darauf gespeichert werden können. NTFS und exFAT werden derzeit nicht unterstützt.
    =
    The USB must be formatted as FAT 32 (for Windows), MS-DOS FAT (for Mac) ext3 or ext4, to be able to store videos. NTFS and exFAT are not supported.
I just made a test and I can save videos pressing the cam icon .

Well, it looks like 2020.8.1 broke my Teslacam. The same problem came up with a new FAT32 drive. It complains about the USB drive being full when it’s not.

• Informative
Reactions: FatherTo1
Thanks. I saw a post in another thread saying to schedule service and say software update. The SC will see this in triage and push it through instead of having you come in. I set one up. I'll see what happens during the week.

I was also stuck on 2019.40.50.7. Scheduled an appt through the app two weeks ago and asked for them to push the latest update. Ironically, they pushed the same 2019.40.50.7. I am not sure if that means my original 2019.40.50.7 install wasn't fully successful. FWIW, a day or two after that re-push of 2019.40.50.7, I received 2020.4.10.1 and then just received notice of another update available today. Basically, long way of saying the SC appt route should fix it all for you soon.

Reactions: GasDoc84
I'm still stuck on 2019.40.50.7. Anyone know how to get new updates pushed through? Still waiting for the 2020 let alone this new one.

My Raven has an 11/19 build date. I'm hoping it gets included in this 390mi update

From what I have heard, the November 2019 Ravens don't benefit from the mileage increase. Like you, I have a Nov '19 build and I am awaiting the software update. And, like you, my 90% is now at 320 miles. That seems to be par for the course.

• Helpful
From what I have heard, the November 2019 Ravens don't benefit from the mileage increase. Like you, I have a Nov '19 build and I am awaiting the software update. And, like you, my 90% is now at 320 miles. That seems to be par for the course.
I’m getting 320 at 90% also and mine is 01/2020 model s.....wonder what I really got....hahahaha

I strongly believe first rounds of issues were mainly server related.

Also, there are differences in current version operation between models / versions. A 2017 X I just borrowed was Click to start, click to stop. My MS Raven is just one click.

For past few weeks voice commands were pretty reliable. Since 8.1 they seem even faster and very accurate.
I hope they are more reliable. There is a section of expressway that my car thinks is 45mph when it is in fact 70mph. For a while now whenever I would voice “Bug Report Speed Limit should be 70mph” it would manually set my fab speed to “7” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (I report this almost (well have tried) everyday to get it fixed. For several months now all I get is the fan speed decreased. Maybe it’s some programmer getting tired of my bug report. Lol lol

• Funny
I had the same issue. I reformatted the USB with FAT instead FAT32 on my Mac (based on the car documentation).

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a try today and it failed again after an hour. It's odd because the drive, well the sd card in a usb adapter, had been working fine for months. Will try again with some other iteration of things. I have 2017 model S, 2.5HW, MCU1.

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a try today and it failed again after an hour. It's odd because the drive, well the sd card in a usb adapter, had been working fine for months. Will try again with some other iteration of things. I have 2017 model S, 2.5HW, MCU1.
pure Tesla sell a thumb drive with a perforated SD card that will work very well....Give Jeff a shout at his web site

puretesla.com

I had USB flash drives fail, as well as USB card readers with quality memory cards from Samsung/SanDisk. I have never had any memory card or USB drive issues in computers, cameras, and phones but two failed when used for TeslaCam. I have since switched to an SSD and so far no problems (just updated to 2020.8.1 today). The cost of a 250GB SSD is equivalent to a 256GB SD or microSD card. Give the SSD a try (in a USB enclosure):

SmartSelect_20200309-204716_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: _jal_